AT&T MR5100 - Edit APN?

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
jmjudd99
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AT&T MR5100 - Edit APN?

Post by jmjudd99 »

Does anybody know how to edit the APN on the AT&T-branded Netgear MR5100? I am stuck with the given APNs "Broadband" (This one works) and "NRBroadband" (This one does not work). I would like to try "NXTGENPHONE" and "ENHANCEDPHONE" but, the modem will not allow me to add the APNs to the modem. Does @Rich Hathaway provide this service?
Rich Hathaway

Re: AT&T MR5100 - Edit APN?

Post by Rich Hathaway »

I answered your pm, but yes I can write any apn to it.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

So it appears the newer firmware build has the apn editing blocking the way I was writing the apn to it so now made a new way to do it that seems to be ok now, it is only a soft code method, I will have to work on hard coding it when I have some more time

apn set.PNG

The only drawback I see so far is you have to deal with it telling you that it has updated every time you log into the admin page like the photo below.

apn2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
u5uhdfgfdg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by u5uhdfgfdg »

Hi @Rich Hathaway , is this something you'd be able to assist with? Running into the same issue with an MR5100. I tried to PM you but it wouldn't go through.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Sure, you can get my email in my signature or just search the web I am not hard to find.

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”