Cudy vs Hotspot

smickd
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cudy vs Hotspot

Post by smickd »

I am currently using an unlocked Netgear MR1100 hotspot connected via ethernet to an ASUS AC88U router. The MR1100 has some issue causing a slow response for internet traffic at least once a day -- restarting the Netgear gets rid of the problem. I have considered moving to a Cudy router (AC1200?) using my existing Hotspot sim (AT&T), and am seeking advice on how much better / reliable I can expect the cellular service to be with the Cudy.
I suspect that the Netgear MR1100 may have some sort of DoS attack hitting it, but without a log file, it's only an idea.

I live in the rural boonies (NW Georgia) with the only other option for service being DSL from Frontier (1.x mb) or subscribing to Starlink. I'm pretty ok with the Netgear speed - the issue is the slow down, and restart that I've had to deal with the last 2-3 months.

Any comments from anyone who has a similar experience switching equipment?
Rich Hathaway

Re: Cudy vs Hotspot

Post by Rich Hathaway »

smickd wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:53 pm
I suspect that the Netgear MR1100 may have some sort of DoS attack hitting it, but without a log file, it's only an idea.
Your M1 does not have any denial of service attacking it.
All devices have logs.
This one is an android based linux device, meaning you can dmesg it and see exactly what has been doing, somewhere in this forum I posted a simple dmesg tool I made, I would suggest to find it and run it if you want to see what it has been doing. You will have to enable the adb port for it to run on this device.
smickd
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by smickd »

Rich --

Are there instructions somewhere on commands for using the dmesg tool?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Just execute it is all, it is just a single command that sends thru the adb port so it has to be enabled for the tool to run.

Return to “Cudy”