Help with Mofi4500

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Mmarmino
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with Mofi4500

Post by Mmarmino »

image000001.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-154750_CellMapper.jpg
Evening all,

First I'd need to say I'm totally new to this! I have a MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM8-COMBO 4G/LTE Router hardwired to a netgear nighthawk r7000. I'm using an ATT cell sim. I've upgraded to the newest firmware. Getting decent speeds, typically 30 down 25 up on band 2. When I run cellmapper it's showing the mofi is connected to a Verizon tower and my personal att cell phone connects to the att tower. When I run a speed test on my phone I get around 90 down and 40 up(band 2) I don't know why the mofi won't pickup the att tower. I have it set to att...any help is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: Help with Mofi4500

Post by Didneywhorl »

The SIM 8 is capable of speeds upwards of 80-90Mbps but unless your cell phone is over 5 years old its likely more than twice the capability of the SIM8 modem (Sierra MC7411 - Category 7). I modern cell phone that gets 90 likely means your router is getting close to all it can get. Maybe not, but maybe so.

I would focus on making sure your signal level/power (RSRP) is as good as can be (sub 80 dBi is the goal) and the signal quality as well ( SINR over 10 if possible, the higher the better for SINR)

Return to “Cellular Antennas”