INSEEGO M2000 APN UNLOCK TOOL HERE

Topics related to Inseego routers and hotspots
Rich Hathaway

INSEEGO M2000 APN UNLOCK TOOL HERE

Post by Rich Hathaway »

ALL THE OLD BUILDS ON THIS DEVICE HAVE LOCKED OUT APN, THE NEWEST BUILD HAS IT UNLOCKED BUT THE PROBLEM
IS AFTER YOU FLASH YOUR DEVICE YOU WON'T GET THE NEW BUILD AND MAYBE NOT EVEN IF YOU DONT FLASH IT.
ANYWAY, I MADE AN APN UNLOCK TOOL YESTERDAY WHICH I AM GIVING TO THE COMMUNITY TO USE TO FIX THIS.
IT IS A ONE-CLICK TOOL YOU CAN USE FREE OF CHARGE.
THIS TOOL ALSO REMOVES THE RESTRICTIONS OF NOT ALLOWING CERTAIN APN'S TO BE SET ON THE DEVICE.

TO USE THIS TOOL THERE IS A CATCH, IT IS FREE TO USE BUT IT WORKS THRU THE ADB PORT AND MOST OF THESE DEVICES HAVE THE PORTS LOCKED SO A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE IT, BUT THERE ARE SOME DEVICES OUT THERE WITH ENABLED PORTS, ANY THAT HAVE MY FIRMWARE ON THEM ARE ENABLED AND SOME FROM THE FACTORY HAVE ONLY THE ADB PORT ENABLED THOSE CAN ALL USE IT, OTHERS WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE PORTS ENABLED FIRST TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS TOOL.
THERE ARE STILL ALOT OF US WORKING TO MAKE A NEW DIAG MODE TOOL TO GET THRU THE NOW CRYPTED HID PORT ON THIS ONE AND ENABLE THE PORTS WITHOUT THE NEED TO LOAD MY MODIFIED FIRMWARE BUT RIGHT NOW IT IS STILL ONLY POSSIBLE BY MY FIRMWARE BUILD TO GET PORTS UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEVICE WITH ADB ENABLED BY THE FACTORY.

**DISCLAIMER** USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DO NOT USE IT ON ANY OTHER MODEL BESIDES THE INSEEGO M2000/2100
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU DO OR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO BY MISUSE OF THIS TOOL!!!
IF YOU USE IT ON ANY OTHER DEVICE THAN M2000 OR M2100 YOU WILL BE BORKING THAT DEVICE!!!
ALSO IT IS .rar SO YOU WILL NEED TO UNRAR FIRST TO USE IT, SO USE 7-ZIP OR WINRAR TO OPEN IT.
M2000_APN-UNLOCK_TOOL.rar
PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS FILE ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM ME.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bigeazy
Been thanked: 0

Re: INSEEGO M2000 APN UNLOCK TOOL HERE

Post by bigeazy »

Thank you for sharing this tool! I have an M2000 with adb enabled, but the tool did not unlock the APN settings for me. When I run the tool, it says it’s querying my device, then says the mod is complete and the device will reboot. The device reboots, but I am still unable to change the APN in the advanced settings after the reboot. Do you have any suggestions on what I might be missing? Thanks again..
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Do the factory reset on it and also you need a sim in it to be able to edit the apn
On another note, I see this has been downloaded more than 40 times and only one person bothered to press the thank you button. wow.
I see phpBB has the "thank to unhide" function, I do not see the coding for it.
maybe is not compatible with this bulletin version?
MODS is it disabled or something?
Maybe @ Didneywhorl can tell me.
bigeazy

Post by bigeazy »

Thanks for the response.. I will try this ASAP and report back. Can I do this all with a Verizon SIM, or do I need a T-Mo SIM in it initially after the unlock?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

So you understand, this tool does not network unlock the device, it only unlocks the apn so where it was greyed out before you can edit it now after you run it, some cases may need to be factory reset before the changes can take place(after you run my tool), but it does need a sim in it to be able to change the apn, I am not sure if it matters what kind of sim since your device is not network unlocked yet, I can relock one and try it to see if it does but at the moment I am not sure if it matters or not.
rootless

Post by rootless »

I registered just to say thank you for posting this tool AND all of the great information you've shared across various threads for the ISM2000. It is very, very much appreciated.
bigeazy

Post by bigeazy »

Hi, I was able to test again. Ran your tool, factory reset, still says “invalid sim” after reset and doesn’t let me change the apn settings. I will try to get my hands on a T-Mo sim to see if it works once there is a “valid” sim in the device.
bigeazy

Post by bigeazy »

An update..

I was able to get a prepaid T-Mo SIM, which works perfectly in the device. It updated the firmware once connected to the T-Mo network, and then I ran the tool again with the new sim installed. After running the tool, I was indeed able to enter a custom apn with the T-Mo sim still in the m2000. I changed it to vzwinternet, and saved.

I then powered off the device and inserted the vzw sim, and powered it up. I still get “invalid sim”. So, while the tool will allow you to change the apn, it appears it will not work with a non T-Mo sim while the carrier lock is in place.

Appreciate all the effort you put into this! While it doesn’t help me today, this is definitely a step in the right direction..
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:52 am So you understand, this tool does not network unlock the device, it only unlocks the apn so where it was greyed out before you can edit it now after you run it
Yes, I did not make it to network (sim) unlock it, that is a service I still charge to perform and not free yet.
Just to clarify, on this device
"Invalid Sim" <-----this means it is network locked on both the m2000/m2100 and the usb800 & other inseego's

"Non Verizon Sim" <------this means the device is network (sim)unlocked, while both devices have this boolean it generally is only ticked on and will only show on the verizon model m2100
bigeazy

Post by bigeazy »

Understood, thanks for the clarification.. If you don’t mind answering, why would you want to change the apn on a device that can only accept sims that are already permitted? If the locked m2000 only accepts T-Mo sims, and they work with the pre-configured apns, what is the tool for?

I’m just trying to understand..
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Well, you see not everyone is in your situation, there are thousands of unlocked devices out there, all I have flashed are unlocked as well as those that have had them unlocked from the carrier, and I am sure someone else has figured out to unlock them as well but for those in your situation, tmobile has several apn's and depending on what plan your sim is on, a phone plan or a tablet plan or a hotspot plan, you may need to use different apn than what is on your device.
bigeazy

Post by bigeazy »

Thank you for the explanation, it makes perfect sense. And again, appreciate all the work you’re doing on this device!
Marmoset
Has thanked: 0

Post by Marmoset »

Thank You. Your Are Awesome :)
Prestonsback

Post by Prestonsback »

This is probably a stupid question but if the device is unlocked does the boot screen still show the carrier logo upon startup? And also once I receive mine if I'm not able to get it working could I send it off to you to update. I would be willing to pay whatever is it you charge to do it. Thanks
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

These threads in the open forum are not sales threads they are for dialogue, information and such.
I have an advert in the marketplace for services there is the link below

viewtopic.php?t=2696
anuj9122

Post by anuj9122 »

Hi

I have an inseego mifi m2000. Are you able to unlock it?

thanks
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

I would refer you to the post above yours
buldamoosh

Post by buldamoosh »

There is a trojan in this file - https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d44 ... a7bc4a0e5f
Do not download it or install it.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

buldamoosh wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:10 pm There is a trojan in this file - https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d44 ... a7bc4a0e5f
Do not download it or install it.
OMG really dude?
That is a false positive and it is because there is a batch script in the file, I made this tool and there is no virus in it. you should do a thorough investigation before you go telling people my file is a virus.
If you would have even bothered to look at it you would know you do not "install" this it is a stand-alone tool.
there has to be a script in it or the tool would not know what to do.
This tool removes and replaces 2 files with security removed versions I made which is the very essence of what a virus does, so of course vt will flag it, duuuuhhhhhhh!!!!
I did not buy a license or register this with Microsoft as it is a free tool and there is no money for that
here is some good advice for you, dont use it. and if you had half a brain you would know to just run it in a vm if you were that worried about it.
I 100% guarantee there is nothing malicious in this file.
for a file that has been downloaded here 228 times now, and all I ask for is to simply press the thank you button in exchange for it, thank you has been pressed 12 times = not worth my time to make and give it away.
mtbholt

Post by mtbholt »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:16 am Do the factory reset on it and also you need a sim in it to be able to edit the apn
On another note, I see this has been downloaded more than 40 times and only one person bothered to press the thank you button. wow.
I see phpBB has the "thank to unhide" function, I do not see the coding for it.
maybe is not compatible with this bulletin version?
MODS is it disabled or something?
Maybe @ Didneywhorl can tell me.

Hey Rich, do you know of any alternative ways to factory reset the M2000? I have one, but the physical reset button does nothing (even after holding it down for over a minute). Also, I am unable to log in to the admin page because the admin password is hidden and the security question is unknown. (I tried the WiFi password, but that's not it..) Any suggestions???? Thanks
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Are your ports enabled? if they are it is easy to read it, if they are not then if you dont have firmware you would have to take it apart and jump the reset contacts or if its a m2100 it can be done by command

Return to “Inseego”