em12g wg1608 Connectall tmobile - power outage coincidence?

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
user232

em12g wg1608 Connectall tmobile - power outage coincidence?

Post by user232 »

Ive been successfully using a connectall tmobile sim with my em12g + wg1608
Today I was using the web and a brief power outage occured. I am unsure if it was coincidence but after my power came back the modem was stuck on 'Failed to Connect'

I did the basics of unplugging, power cycling, reset bands, reset APN (fast.t-mobile.com) etc. I also ensured the imei was correct. In the past this would fix the 'Failed to connect' but this time it has not worked.

I searched the forums to try some different things. Switching the mode to MBIM allowed it to connect to the tower but I am not getting any internet connection through ethernet/wifi. Is there another setting I may need to change to make it work in MBIM?

I removed the sim and verified it worked in the original hotspot.

Been digging through many threads trying to find an answer. Any insight would be appreciated, will update if I find anything in the meantime.
user232

Re: em12g wg1608 Connectall tmobile - power outage coincidence?

Post by user232 »

update: Resolved but cause unknown
I used the hotspot instead of the wg1608+em12g last night to do some work, left the modem/router unplugged.
Came back this morning prepared to try resetting the em12g with the AT command that resets it + the AT command that re-enables to nvram or whatever it is + flash latest version of rooter...
inserted SIM and things are working fine again in QMI mode able to connect.

I do not understand what exactly caused my original issue was but it is slightly concerning.
user232

Re: em12g wg1608 Connectall tmobile - power outage coincidence?

Post by user232 »

Was having the issue again all of a sudden. Tried everything mentioned in my original post but nothing worked.
Decided to try upgrading from my old 2020 version of rooter to the latest.
Now everything works great. Currently have it set to ipv4 only but havent played around with things much.

Return to “Quectel Modems”