oh snapz
Has thanked: 0

Mr5100 slow speeds

Post by oh snapz »

Current Setup
mr5100
mk63 mesh system (AP)

issues
when I first had this setup it worked flawlessly. after a year or so it constantly drops from 100mbps to 1mbps. If you reset the device then it comes back up to 100mbps but only for a couple of hours. If you don't reset the hotspot then it stays at 1mbps.

My previous setup was the mr1100 using a router IP passthrough setup and the same happened.

internet is ATT unlimited data tablet plan. If you live in rural area, this is the best hack you can get
Didneywhorl

Re: Mr5100 slow speeds

Post by Didneywhorl »

The connection needs to be randomly reset I believe, ATT has been choking connections that are on a tower for a while.

Could be wrong, but the "Reset fixed it" is the tell tale.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Try the M5 by itself and not hiding behind the mesh you have in place and see if it still does it if it doesn't then you know to look at whats in front of the m5, if it does then you know to look at the M5 and or the service, it would be super easy to write a script that would reboot it every so often that you need it.
I have a mifi 8000 running some outdoor cameras on my property on the 35$ att tab plan they never do this ever that I know of and I would notice it if it did as the time stamps on videos would reflect it
oh snapz

Post by oh snapz »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:48 pm The connection needs to be randomly reset I believe, ATT has been choking connections that are on a tower for a while.

Could be wrong, but the "Reset fixed it" is the tell tale.
couple years ago when i first had the "grand father accounts" you buy on ebay, they did crack down on these accounts. i contacted att support the other day and they "reset and boosted" my cellular. but yea same thing happens
oh snapz

Post by oh snapz »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:31 am Try the M5 by itself and not hiding behind the mesh you have in place and see if it still does it if it doesn't then you know to look at whats in front of the m5, if it does then you know to look at the M5 and or the service, it would be super easy to write a script that would reboot it every so often that you need it.
I have a mifi 8000 running some outdoor cameras on my property on the 35$ att tab plan they never do this ever that I know of and I would notice it if it did as the time stamps on videos would reflect it
I could try this, I believe it is something with the m5 or the att service. I dont think it has anything to do with the mesh system as i only need to reset the m5 but i could be wrong. The only thing i feel like att could be choking my speeds is because its my main internet source so it does suck up a lot of data from streaming, gaming, and web browsing.

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”