Need help setting up MTU and MSS on intsy Connect

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
AlteredLogic

Need help setting up MTU and MSS on intsy Connect

Post by AlteredLogic »

I want to make sure my network interfaces are set up correctly. My current WAN (USB0) mtu after testing is 1428 and its also what the router set automatically. MTU Discovery is on and so is MSS Clamping (WAN and LAN). intsy Connect software looks very similar to OpenWRT so it should be a similar process with the WiFix routers. Basically just show me what it's suppose to look like. I set all interfaces mtu to 1428. Also mss clamping is on in the network-firewall WAN and LAN zones.
Didneywhorl

Re: Need help setting up MTU and MSS on intsy Connect

Post by Didneywhorl »

You might have to do this via SSH CLI commands (openWRT should have all the how-to on just about anything). I believe Nick removed a lot of stuff from the Rooter/Goldenorb (same base as WiFiX) based firmware that he copied and added to/from originally for intsy. I haven't tested it in the last year, but it used to have all the same features from Rooter still.
AlteredLogic

Post by AlteredLogic »

Excellent, do you have a link for the ssh cli commands as well as where that traditionally would be located in the WiFix firmware?
AlteredLogic

Post by AlteredLogic »

I just left everything default and looking into other options, didn't find what you were talking about. Cudy P5 5G router is out so seriously thinking about that but I don't know much about the modem they are using, I think its a Quectel RM510. I like that the router can lock to n71 and it has simplistic firmware design.

Return to “General and Unclassified”