New WG1602

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
jjhdtv
Has thanked: 0

New WG1602

Post by jjhdtv »

Hello all.
I currently running two different routers running Goldenorb rooter. A Wg3526 and a Raspberry Pi 4 (different locations). Both using a EM 7455 modem.

I picked up a WG1602 as I thought it might be an upgrade to the 3526. Dual sim sounded great as I have two separate cheap sim plans. On a normal month plan A is enough, however, on a big data month I use the back up sim. My hope is that if I have dual sims I would not have to manually change out sims. Yes I could get a bigger plan, but I found great deals on pre-paid yearly plans.

Does anyone know if I need two separate modem cards for the dual sim function to work on the wg1602? The wg1602 has two modem slots on the main board. Ideally I would like to use just one modem card (EM7565) that could use either sim card slot. I thought I would just experiment, but I'm currently having another issue that I could use some help with (No Modem Present)

I have flashed the wg1602 with (ZBT-WG1602-full-GO2022-06-25-upgrade.bin). All looks normal but I cannot get it to recognize/find the modem card(s). I have tried installing a single modem card (em7565) as well as both modem cards (em7565 and a MC 7455). Same result, the WG1602 does not find the modem. "No Modem Present" If I try to set up the MBIM interface, nothing is shown on the drop down.

I had a similar issue in the past on wg3526, but it was related to the MC 7455 needing to be reflashed. Also had a similar issue on the PI4 running rooter. However, that was fixed by starting the modem manager. (manager is not running after a install)

Looking for suggestion to try get the wg1602 to find the modem(s). thank you, John

Return to “ZBT Routers”