New Cudy 5G SA/NSA AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 CPE

kjunmed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Cudy 5G SA/NSA AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 CPE

Post by kjunmed »

Anyone has any experience with the newest Cudy 5G SA/NSA AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 CPE? I am thinking of getting a test device direct from Cudy to see how they work.
CubedRoot
Has thanked: 0

Re: New Cudy 5G SA/NSA AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 CPE

Post by CubedRoot »

I'm new here but I was wondering the same thing. I was wondering if IMEI magic was just as easy on these as their previous 4G LTE versions.
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

If you join either the Facebook group LTE 5G Hacks or LTE Hacks IMEI Magic there are a couple of people with some experience with them. So far they're saying the firmware is still a bit buggy and they're not impressed by the actual 5G modem that Cudy used in it.
by9116003

Post by by9116003 »

Orlimar1 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:46 pm If you join either the Facebook group LTE 5G Hacks or LTE Hacks IMEI Magic there are a couple of people with some experience with them. So far they're saying the firmware is still a bit buggy and they're not impressed by the actual 5G modem that Cudy used in it.
Was it the quectel RM520na?
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

by9116003 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:24 pm
Orlimar1 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:46 pm If you join either the Facebook group LTE 5G Hacks or LTE Hacks IMEI Magic there are a couple of people with some experience with them. So far they're saying the firmware is still a bit buggy and they're not impressed by the actual 5G modem that Cudy used in it.
Was it the quectel RM520na?
It's the RM502Q according to this link: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/gear/cudy-routers/
dam115

Post by dam115 »

Just would like to note that my Cudy P5 has a RM505Q-AE in it. Was purchased in October from Amazon. It looks like they might begin to include the RM520N with future P5's as the current firmware release from November 10th shows that support for the 520 was added. My experience with mine has been fine once I figured out which bands to keep locked and which to stay away from. I can get the occasional disconnect but the software seems to do a good job of detecting it and having the modem reconnect when it happens. I also keep a small usb fan (the type people use on say home theater equipment) pushing air on top of the router since the temp can go a bit high if the modem is pushing max available speeds. The fan blowing air into the case and over the heatsinks keeps things nice and cool. The Facebook groups mentioned above will have a mixture of opinion with Cudy stuff in general it seems. Complaints of the price for the LT18 and P5 are valid considering what a equivalent build from Wireless Haven would cost. There are posts that make the P5 seem like junk although as I've said my experience has been fine for three weeks now. Firmware being buggy can be true but I'm on a beta that I believe the current Nov. 10th release is based off of and it's been solid so far. It's really one of those things where if you have the chance to get one, then try it if you have a decent amount of time to return it in case it ends up not being what you expected. Performing magic or just any AT command is still the same as the LT18, the software is honestly the same for both with just slightly different options for the P5 since it's a 5G modem of course. It really is a YMMV type of deal.

Return to “Cudy”