LT18 Wireguard experience?

tetranz

LT18 Wireguard experience?

Post by tetranz »

I'm thinking of getting a Cudy LT18 AX1800 for my RV but I'm still a little undecided. I have a NEXP1GO with a EM7565 which is okay but I have my frustrations with it so I'm reluctantly thinking of getting something else.

Can anyone report their experience running WireGuard with the LT18? I'm especially interested in knowing how well it connects after a restart or a connection loss. Does it reconnect?

A side issue but does the LT18 retain the time when it reboots? That's a potential issue because WireGuard requires time to always roll forward which sounds kind of obvious I guess but is a problem with a router who's time goes back to some default in the past after a reboot. I wrote this script to work around that on the NEXP1GO. https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=22154#p22154 . I assume, not being open source, adding that kind of script is not so easy on a Cudy.

I'm attracted to the Cudy because it sounds like it has solid Wi-Fi which the NEXP1GO doesn't. I also want something with band 71 for T-Mobile. I know that's a function of the modem, not the router but the Cudy seems like a nice complete ready to go package.

Return to “Cudy”