MR1100-1A1NAS Att unlocked wont allow any firmware updates

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
illtww
Been thanked: 0

MR1100-1A1NAS Att unlocked wont allow any firmware updates

Post by illtww »

Hi All,

Had a 2A1nas that i was able to upgrade the frimware no issue.

My factory unlocked 1a1 wont take any version of the generic firmware (only ones I am able to find for download)

I can do the

AT!BOOTHOLD -- Command

Thne I try the FTD.exe load of the firmware and it fails with error code 82? Modem state not ready...

@Rich Hathaway i know you are the M1 master. Ant thoughts?
Rich Hathaway

Re: MR1100-1A1NAS Att unlocked wont allow any firmware updates

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Thanks for the kind words, not sure how true they are though, lol.
for one, you need to quickly send the !boothold cmd and then send !QPSTDLOAD cmd in succession and quickly or they wont work, another way you can keep fdt from aborting for whatever reason it is, in your case the 82 code is modem not ready meaning you need to send the second command, or better yet just let fdt do the mode changing for you, this just means run fdt with the M1 powered on and fully booted to normal mode, as with the dl mode in this mode you will also need the proper drivers installed for at least the modem port. Use the AC78xSDrivers if you don't have the nighthawk drivers.
Alot of times this error can show if your pc does not load the proper driver.

fdt's error handling leaves a lot to be desired and these error codes are way to general, I have always wanted to recompile fdt with better "more specific" error handling, but that won't ever happen and Netgear does not care because you are not supposed to be loading these devices anyway in their eyes.

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”