NEXP1GO Disconnects

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
ProHomeOwner
Has thanked: 0

NEXP1GO Disconnects

Post by ProHomeOwner »

I have the NEXP1GO with Quectel RM500Q-AE 5G Modem and several times per day the following will happen.

1. Internet stops functioning
2. The router wifi connection will stay active for a couple minutes but I can not access 192.168.1.1
3. Wireless shuts down completely and you can not see it available or connect.
4. Approximately 5 minutes later wifi is back up with internet.

Not sure what is going on or how I check logs to determine the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. On a side note this system has really improved things. Went from a max 1.5mbps to now sometimes hitting 30.
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXP1GO Disconnects

Post by Didneywhorl »

There a few things I would try on the router.

First, to be honest, I always flash the firmware onto the router fresh with no saved or backed up settings. I do it via "Firmware recovery". Then I do it again via the UI firmware update menu two more times.

Then all I setup is the system time, and time zone. Admin Password, and the modem connection profiles APN and DNS servers. That's it
Get it connected to the internet, then set up ONLY the thing that you are having issues with. In this case your wifi.

I am a HUGE believer in disabling the wifi radios completely and pluggin in wifi access points to the ethernet of the router. But I digress ;)

I would setup the SSID and password on each band. Then set the Bandwidth to 20MHz on the 2.4GHz and 40MHz on the 5Ghz.

Set the 2.4GHz channel to 6 and the 5GHz channel to 42 or 44.

Set the output power between 15 and 18dB. The upper max power is too much imo.

Save your settings and then on teh main "Wireless" page click on the save and apply button.

Once it comes back up, power the router down and power back up. Check your settings to make sure all is truly saved.

Then test away.

Side note: Every. Single. Time... that you interface the routers webUI use a private/incgonito web browser page/tab. Each time you power cycle or reset it, close the window and open a new private/incognito window. Interface it over ethernet, not wifi. use a PC, not a phone. Trust me. Troubleshooting with extra variables is ALWAYS a pain in the ass that is soooo hard to figure out. /2cents
ProHomeOwner
Has thanked: 0

Post by ProHomeOwner »

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will run through all the suggestions and if those do not work I will switch to a access point.

If I wanted to kill the wifi radios I assume all I need to do is go under Wireless and hit disable on both?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Correct. Disable. I also turn the output power to the minimum and save and apply, before disabling them.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”