Carrier aggregation?

Information related to Orbi routers
Forum rules
Use the search function prior to posting a topic on a subject that already exists
MsVibe

Carrier aggregation?

Post by MsVibe »

Hello,

I have an Orbi LBR20 router and a couple of questions.

1 Is there anyway to see if it is currently aggregating carriers and which bands are in use?

2 The connection status reads LTE band 1 and 2100 MHz does that mean the router is currently using only one 20 MHz spectrum?

3 I have read that the router supports 5 bands aggregation on 3 carriers. To obtain that do the bands have to be provided by one single tower or can the five bands be from three different street addresses?

4 In another thread I have read that the router is 4x4 mimo on internal antennas only. Does that mean 5CA is only possible with internal antennas or a hardware modification?

5 How many bands can be aggregated with 2x2 mimo?

Thank you very much

B.r. Vibe
Didneywhorl

Re: Carrier aggregation?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hello!

1: Quectel EG18 AT commands will give you the info. You have to Telnet into the router. I've seen it, I don't know how to do it. I can give you the commands though.

Aggregating bands:
AT+QCAINFO

Current Primary "anchor" band:
AT+QENG="servingcell"

Available bands on the current tower.
AT+QENG="neighbourcell"

2: Youll get this answer from understanding the above commands. You need to have the AT command manual for the EG18.

3: Only from one single tower at a time. The tower controls CA.

4: MIMO and CA do not relate directly. You can aggregate bands on a single antenna link. You can 5xCA with the internal antennas or external. The key is tower and modem capability and signal strength and quality.

5: As many as the modem and your tower supports.

Return to “Orbi”