EM7565 ATT connectivity issues

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
frizzanz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EM7565 ATT connectivity issues

Post by frizzanz »

Folks, I just got an unlimited data SIM from the ATT store. I already have one in a MR1100 for ATT and it works fantastically, but I need more so I got a second SIM. My setup that has worked for years on Sprint before TMobile acquired them, is not connecting to ATT. I'm running ROOTER and I have an outdoor omnidirectional antenna. The modem is a EM 7565 with the ATT firmware. I've also updated the modem with the ATT bands and set it to ATT ALL. The APN i'm using is Broadband. I've tried everything I can but this refused to connect. The guy at the store said the IMEI 'shouldn't' matter, but he wasn't 100%.

Has anyone had any success with a similar setup or can lend some advice?
Didneywhorl

Re: EM7565 ATT connectivity issues

Post by Didneywhorl »

Change to generic firmware: AT!IMPREF="GENERIC" and then AT!RESET and check AT!IMPREF? after reset to ensure its not mismatching.
Match the IMEi to the device registered, or get one and test it, I've seen SIMs that were supposed to be active actually not be active after hours and hours of tearing hair out.

You may want to factory reset the modem.

Unlock all cell bands, not just ATT. You can relock after you have the troubleshooting solved AT!BAND=00

For ATT: broadband or BROADBAND, I don't like Broadband.

/my2cents
frizzanz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by frizzanz »

Didneywhorl wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:36 pm Change to generic firmware: AT!IMPREF="GENERIC" and then AT!RESET and check AT!IMPREF? after reset to ensure its not mismatching.
Match the IMEi to the device registered, or get one and test it, I've seen SIMs that were supposed to be active actually not be active after hours and hours of tearing hair out.

You may want to factory reset the modem.

Unlock all cell bands, not just ATT. You can relock after you have the troubleshooting solved AT!BAND=00

For ATT: broadband or BROADBAND, I don't like Broadband.

/my2cents
I reset the router per your suggestions. I'm stumped tho on your suggestion to "Match the IMEI", as the rep told me no IMEI was set for it. Also, how do I test the SIM? Put it into another device like a phone? If I do that, won't the phones IMEI be registered to the SIM?

Thanks!!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

If it's truly a data SIM for hotspots, then you wont need to mess with the IMEI, in theory. Skip that part for now. The rest still applies.

I was talking about factory resetting the modem, not the router. :( Router reset wont hurt either, though.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”