Cudy LT 18

tswebb71

Cudy LT 18

Post by tswebb71 »

Hey Gang! I am new to the board and new to these topics as well. I am trying to upgrade my internet service for my RV. I am currently running Nighthawk MR1100 with ATT. Actually, I purchased it via Ebay and pay $100 per month for the service. After doing some research, I have realized that the guy I am paying has likely just "DC-unlocked" the imei and is using the att $20/month post paid plan. I am thinking of getting a Cudy LT18 but I have a few questions. 1. will it be an upgrade from the 1100 as far as cell reception and/or speed? 2. Will I be able to go back and forth between ATT and Verizon (mangled ttl settings)? I am wanting to be switch back and forth depending on where I am and what the service coverage is. 3. for ATT purposes, will I have to get a tablet imei to avoid throttling. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Didneywhorl

Re: Cudy LT 18

Post by Didneywhorl »

The LT18 has a better modem in side and has the ability to access and upgrade the cell antennas. AND it has 4 ethernet ports, etc, etc. It's functionally better.

You shoul dbe bale to get the LT18 working with any of the carriers, but you may have to make some settings changes between SIM swaps to work with each one. It's kind of a game to get some SIMs working and each carrier has their own quirks to do this, and they seem to change etc.

Throttling and so forth depends on the account plan type (govt/first responder, enterprise business, business, consumer post paid, pre-paid, mvno) and the sim device type (phone, tablet, hotspot, etc)

The tablets are easy, for now, with the exception of Verizon. Sometime Verizon is simple-ish, sometimes Verizon is a complete butt pain. Verizon REALLY dosen't like people getting the unlimited data that they are supposed to get.
tswebb71

Re: Cudy LT 18

Post by tswebb71 »

Thank you for the information! Much appreciated.

Return to “Cudy”