Need assistance regaining access to KuWfi (cpe812cat6) AP

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
karlito
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need assistance regaining access to KuWfi (cpe812cat6) AP

Post by karlito »

Hello all,

I have this multi-mode KuWfi router. It can work as a 4G router with a SIM, normal router connected to WAN and having it's LAN, as a wireless repeater and also as a wireless AP.

I am currently using it as a wireless AP the following way:
KuWfi AP is connected to a switch which is connected to my main router which is connected to the WAN.
The KuWfi is on it's own vlan and DHCP happens on the main router.

I did some testing and am happy with my setup, however while testing I had setup a weak password for both my wifi and admin console on the KuWfi. Now I'd like to change those to stronger passwords, however I seem to have lost access to the KuWfi console.

I connect to the KuWfi AP via wifi from my laptop and have internet connectivity and am being assigned an IP from the appropriate vlan. However I can't seem to find the address for the KuWfi device, I tried used nmap to scan the /24 range of my lan while connected to the KuWfi AP, however I find only the main router IP, the switch management console IP and the IP assigned to my laptop.

Do you guys know how I can regain access to the KuWfi console to tighten security?
Would I have to reset the device and set it up again but with stronger seurity or is there some way of getting into it?

Thanks!
DDK65JAG
Has thanked: 0

Re: Need assistance regaining access to KuWfi (cpe812cat6) AP

Post by DDK65JAG »

Should be pretty easy, if you're happy with the network set-up "as-is".
Just disconnect the KuWfi from your network, plug an ethernet cable
from your computer directly to a LAN port on the KuWfi, log into the GUI
and make your changes. Then re-install the KuWfi back into the network.

Good luck, DDK

P.S. You may have to turn off your wi-fi on the computer while trying to connect to the KuWfi.

Return to “General and Unclassified”