Need help flashing EM 7455

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

Need help flashing EM 7455

Post by Rrutl »

So, as I am trying to get my EM7455 back to Generic firmware, with the USB adapter plugged in and the Sierra Wireless Driver pkg installed, the computer identifies the modem as ''5811e Snapdragon X7 LTE'' and won't associate it with the drivers. I was at the point of installing Dell specific drivers (Connection Manager) possibly also known as 'Skylight' and then I recalled that I had read somewhere NOT to let Skylight connect to the modem, is that correct. I'm stuck at this point and not sure how to proceed. I understand that firmware flash can be done with Linux, but as I am not really up to speed with Linux, I am pursuing the Windows path until no other option seems reasonable. Can anyone help here ? Even just a pointer to a knowledge base, or forum. I can't find any specific reference here for this specific issue. T

Edit: I am using a mini PCI-e to USB adapter w/ my cards mini PCI-e to M.2 adapter stacked together, is there any reason why this won't work to accomplish my goal of flashing ?
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

Re: Need help flashing EM 7455

Post by Rrutl »

After quite a bit of looking around I have (with the help of others here and elsewhere) and with the assistance of previous answers to previous posts, found my solution and back to operational mode with my rooter/EM7455. One particular link to a 'tool kit' led to the very instructive instructions for setting parameters so that the modem could be identified by HT and the drivers. Learning can be both frustrating and liberating. I did BTW use a USB adapter plugged into the USB port of the router to program the parameters by accessing and issuing AT commands. Then switching back to the laptop and voila' a happy ending ! Thanks again (not for handing me easy answers but for previous work done in support of these modems and routers. Glad to be back in operation and glad I found this community I will always search first before asking for help, but sometimes frustration can overcome one's patience.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”