LT500 (Visible) - WAN Mode for Starlink Failover

prasta

LT500 (Visible) - WAN Mode for Starlink Failover

Post by prasta »

Starlink was finally released in my area, and after quite a long time on the waitlist, I got my hands on one. Any other Starlink users in the house?

Download speeds are fantastic (100-200 down), and when it works, it works great. It's very sensitive to obstructions in the northern sky, so I put it on a j-pole, and attached it to the highest point of my roofline. The way Starlink handles obstruction detection is pretty slick, it happens in-app after the unit has had about 12 hours to collect satellite transmission data; here's a link to a video, if curious. https://imgur.com/PLM7CCz

With all that said, I'm still experiencing dropouts, and was hoping to enable WAN mode on my LT500 to use Visible as my Failover.

I haven't started digging into the settings on how to make this happen yet, but wondering if anyone here has any experience with this? Tips or tricks to share that might up my chances of success? Is there a better modem/router from Cudy or someone else that would be a better candidate for what I'm proposing?

Once again, I'm always a little hesitant to mess with the settings in the LT500, as it feels fragile, and that connection is vital in case my other ways to connect to work melt down.

This forum has been an awesome resource on this learning journey, thank you all so much! :ugeek:
fratermus

Re: LT500 (Visible) - WAN Mode for Starlink Failover

Post by fratermus »

prasta wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 amI haven't started digging into the settings on how to make this happen yet, but wondering if anyone here has any experience with this?
I haven't, but watching with interest. I'd be interested in WISP failing over to mobile data if it turns out to be possible.

I like the device but there really is no documentation on it. I've tried to compare the options to what is present in OpenWRT (which I assume it's based on) but the Cudy UI simplified to the point of obfuscation. If you know of any docs or "behind the curtains" mode I'd love to hear about it.
prasta

Re: LT500 (Visible) - WAN Mode for Starlink Failover

Post by prasta »

@fratermus you aint kidding about a lack of docs!

https://www.cudytech.com/newsinfo/2823957.html

Return to “Cudy”