Truly Unlimited Data at PagePlus?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
jandjyoung@gmail.com
Has thanked: 0

Truly Unlimited Data at PagePlus?

Post by jandjyoung@gmail.com »

I have had the $55 per month plan with PagePlus for 2 years and been well satisfied. I am using a MoFi 4500 and typically use around 160 GB of data per month. My experiences have been consistent with those reported here in that PagePlus warns about reviewing your account after you use 60 GB but I have never been slowed down unless I reached 200 GB.
In looking at their website today, they appear to have changed the wording on their $55 account advertisement. "Fully Unlimited 4G LTE†, †To get 4G LTE speed, you must have a 4G LTE capable device and 4G LTE SIM. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI." There is no mention of the 60 GB. In a quick review of their contract I did not see any mention of the 60 GB review. Does this mean that one will not be cut back at 200 GB and that the plan is truly unlimited? Has anyone else noticed a change? I am nearing the monthly renewal date and am tempted to exceed 200 GB and see if I get cut back. Best wishes.
Didneywhorl

Re: Truly Unlimited Data at PagePlus?

Post by Didneywhorl »

I doubt they removed it, but there's only one way to find out! ;)
nhanjkl
Been thanked: 0

Post by nhanjkl »

Hey @jandjyoung@gmail.com, I have the same question when reviewing the plans on their website too. Did you do the experiment and did they throttle the connection after 200GB?
jandjyoung@gmail.com
Has thanked: 0

Post by jandjyoung@gmail.com »

I did exceed the 200 GB last month. The speed was variable after reaching 200 GB. At times it was less than 5 MB/sec and at other times it was my normal speed of around 12 MB/sec foe me. It might have been related to tower activity. My general conclusion was that reaching the 200 GB did not make the speed unusable but limited at certain times.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”