NEXP1GO 5GHz Radio Issues

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
SetecAstro

NEXP1GO 5GHz Radio Issues

Post by SetecAstro »

I can't see the 'WiFiX 5G' BSSID on any of my devices anymore.
In the /Network/Wireless/ menu of the router, the 5 GHz radio shows 'Device is not active'. The radio1 icon is greyed out, while the radio0 icon (2.4 GHz) is blue and working.

Here's what I have tried:
1. Clicked on 'Restart' next to the 'Scan' and 'Add' buttons on the same line the device is listed.
2. Disable and Enable on the line below the device line.
3. 'Reboot' in the /System/Reboot/ menu.
4. Removed power cord, waited 30 seconds and reconnected.
5. Re-flashed the Sept 2021 firmware. This gave it life for a while then it died again.

I call upon the gurus to help resurrect my WiFiX 5G.

Here is what I see:

NEXP1GO 5GHz Device Not Active.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXP1GO 5GHz Radio Issues

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hmmm. So flashing a different firmware brought it back and then it left again?

Did you flash the firmware like 3+times in a row to ensure some goofy setting isnt stuck in there causing trouble?

Also, you may want to try and set the radio settings to a top or bottom channel, not auto, that isn't in the military or hospital or govt channels ( https://bcca.org/best-channel-for-5ghz/ ), as those can get shut off if in use nearby. I would also lower the output power a little instead of max.
SetecAstro

Re: NEXP1GO 5GHz Radio Issues

Post by SetecAstro »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:51 am Hmmm. So flashing a different firmware brought it back and then it left again?

Did you flash the firmware like 3+times in a row to ensure some goofy setting isnt stuck in there causing trouble?

Also, you may want to try and set the radio settings to a top or bottom channel, not auto, that isn't in the military or hospital or govt channels ( https://bcca.org/best-channel-for-5ghz/ ), as those can get shut off if in use nearby. I would also lower the output power a little instead of max.
I didn't flash a different FW, just the one for this router. It's not the 'Full' version that allows load balancing, but I can try to see if it responds better to that build.

No, just flashed one time.

The channels set are the default ones. The radio does work when I do a scan of the 5GHz band under the /Status/Channel Analysis/ Menu where I can see all of the other 5GHz radios out there. When I changed the channel, the configuration settings wouldn't save and the router locked up, prompting me to have to power cycle. When I did, the 5GHz radio came back (seen this before but it only lasts a day or two. I changed the channel to 100 (not being used around here). Now, I only see my 'Local Interface' channel and can't see the other neighborhood networks.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”