connectall new sim, no longer works in wg1608

Topics addressing TTL settings for Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
user232

connectall new sim, no longer works in wg1608

Post by user232 »

I was using connectall sim in a wg1608 for a couple years but they recently had to send me a new SIM card due to their service being updated. The old sim was working fine up until a week ago. I finally opened the new sim and used it in their supplied t10 franklin which works (slow).
I tried putting the new sim into the wg1608 but it does not work.
Any ideas? I am sure I am missing something.
radec

Re: connectall new sim, no longer works in wg1608

Post by radec »

What APN did you set? The old sprint APN wont work any more. Needs to be B2B.t-mobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com.

In my experience so so far with the new t-mobile sims is that you need to match modem identities.
user232

Post by user232 »

I tried B2B.t-mobile.com and fast.t-mobile.com, save & apply, reboot, but sadly it still left me with the modem screen reporting "Failed to Connect : Retrying"
I also ensured I set the band locking to use all bands.

I was initially using the isdn.sprint.com (possibly mispelled it) and was sure this was likely the issue as you mentioned.
I will try to keep searching in the mean time and will update if I figure it out. This t10 franklin is a bit trash compared to the wg1608+antenna set up I got thanks to the fellas at wirelessjoint/ltefix.
radec

Post by radec »

user232 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:37 am I tried B2B.t-mobile.com and fast.t-mobile.com, save & apply, reboot, but sadly it still left me with the modem screen reporting "Failed to Connect : Retrying"
I also ensured I set the band locking to use all bands.

I was initially using the isdn.sprint.com (possibly mispelled it) and was sure this was likely the issue as you mentioned.
I will try to keep searching in the mean time and will update if I figure it out. This t10 franklin is a bit trash compared to the wg1608+antenna set up I got thanks to the fellas at wirelessjoint/ltefix.
Did you match the modem identity? Seems to be necessary now.
user232

Post by user232 »

No, I am unaware of what that is -- I assumed it was a term for changing the APN. Will look it up now, using the em12-g. Will report back. Thanks for the information again Radec!
radec

Post by radec »

user232 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:36 pm No, I am unaware of what that is -- I assumed it was a term for changing the APN. Will look it up now, using the em12-g. Will report back. Thanks for the information again Radec!
No problem, glad to help if I can.

Sent you a PM

Return to “TTL Settings - Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage”