quectel modem keeps losing connectivity

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
jay7264
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

quectel modem keeps losing connectivity

Post by jay7264 »

well heres the problem im on tmobile thru calyx and this modem keeps disconnecting. even though it says its connected in the modem information. it happens on a schedule at 4:30pm everyday. i m going to try a different modem today and see if it disconnects at the same time
Didneywhorl

Re: quectel modem keeps losing connectivity

Post by Didneywhorl »

If its regular at 4:30pm I seriously doubt it's the modem. Are you sure you don't have some sort of IP lease renewal set to 24 hours? Are you cycling a new IP handshake at least every night?

Cell networks aren't intended to be connected to a single tower and radio 24/7 and I think they are catching on easily to hotspots that aren't programmed to cycle IP leases regularly.
jay7264

Post by jay7264 »

Could you possibly explain how to do this. I have the router to reboot everyday at 2am. But when it does the modem does not disconnect it stays powered on during the reboot process.
jay7264

Post by jay7264 »

Ok I think I fixed it. I put older firmware on it and so far seems to be pretty stable. Been a whole day with no disconnects
jay7264

Post by jay7264 »

welp that didnt fix it either. but my other setup at my job is doing the same thing with a quectel modem also. so that leads me to believe that tmobile is doing it. this is just like what att was dong a couple years back wher it would disconnect every hour. time to ditch calyx
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Try a simple web proxy like ngrok, see if your problem disappears

Return to “Quectel Modems”