Send/Receive sms messages wg3526

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Adm1jtg

Send/Receive sms messages wg3526

Post by Adm1jtg »

Like the topic says I am running a verizon sim in a wg3526. Running an older version of wifix firmware (5-16-2020). I want to be able to somehow send and receive text messages using the sim inside the router.The router is not esasily accessible, physically, so anything involving accessing the actual physical sim card is not an option.

I have a text message being sent to that number that I need to receive but due to the location of the router it would be extremely difficult to get to the physical sim to put in a phone or somehting, thus why I need a way to do it through the router itself or a putty session or an addin perhaps.

Suggestions?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Send/Receive sms messages wg3526

Post by JimHelms »

Does your version of WiFiX firmware not have the SMS tab?

If not, you may need to upgrade to a newer version.

SMS Messaging.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adm1jtg

Re: Send/Receive sms messages wg3526

Post by Adm1jtg »

I do but it doesnt work. AKA never shows any messages present and when I try and send a message it just times out. Think I found a workaround by using verizons web interface to the phone # my router uses.

Return to “General and Unclassified”