AirMaster 4000D Issue

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Stirge
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AirMaster 4000D Issue

Post by Stirge »

I just received my AirMaster 4000D today and trying to get it working. I'm using a Calyx sim card from a ZTE Warp Connect. I insert the card and power it on and never receive a signal. The signal meter constantly blinks and the admin page shows service as disconnected. This is with the antenna pointed a known tower. Looking at coverage maps I should be well within Sprint LTE Plus range for band 41. Any suggestions on what to try?

A recent review for the AirMaster 4000D was with Calyx reported no issues and implied plug and play.

Thanks,
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: AirMaster 4000D Issue

Post by JimHelms »

Calyx SIM Cards are being used in this unit. Is the 4000D reading the SIM Card properly?

The SIM Card can be checked by logging into the router using the admin password and going to OVERVIEW > CONNECTION > SIM CARD STATE and it should show as READY.

If it is reading the SIM Card, then I would remove the SIM Card from the 4000D and place back into the Warp, and see if it was receiving Band 41. This may require moving somewhat closer to the Sprint tower to test.

Not all Sprint towers have implemented Band 41.

And, not all towers that provide service on Sprint devices come from a Sprint tower. This is due to roaming agreements between the major carriers--making their coverage maps somewhat deceptive. It may also mean limiting the otherwise available bands.

Data may also be heavily throttled due to the roaming agreement.

It is best to use Antenna Search or one of the other websites or apps to locate an actual Sprint tower and/or antenna.
Stirge

Post by Stirge »

Sim card state is NOT_BLOCKED
Unlock Attempts Remaining3
PIN Check EnabledOFF

SIM card indicator LED is solid.

Placing back in the ZTE service resumes, To ensure its not a band 41 issue i took to my workplace with a tower that I can see from my window that is stated to support 41.

Thank you for the assistance.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I finally located an active SIM card from a ZTE Warp Connect to test. However, it is not a Calyx plan but a PCforPeople plan--which should be the same since they all seen to originate via Mobile Beacon.

I was wondering if the ZTE Warp received an IPv6 address and if one was required by the 4000D. The ZTE Pocket WiFi was limited to IPV4 so I thought this might be an issue.

After testing, the ZTE Warp does get an IPV6 address so that would seem to not be an issue.

I then placed the SIM Card into an adapter, and installed in one of the 4000D units. It connected almost instantly.

There is one other person of the Hacks Facebook group having issues as well. Not sure what provider he is using or what device the SIM is from. In his case, it will not connect without his Sprint Magic box also being on. It then connects at speeds in the 50's.

In his case, it sounds like he does not have access to a tower with Band 41 and the Magic Box is receiving other bands and creating the Band 41 to which the 4000D is connecting.

You can RMA the 4000D and we will test it with a couple of different Sprint cards. I have a feeling that something else is going on.
Stirge

Post by Stirge »

Thanks for trying to work through the issue. I would really like to get this working and off the Warp connect but I wonder if the issue is with the SIM and any other deice will have the same issue. Any ideals on what the SIM status NOT_BLOCKED implies? Went ahead and sent a message to Calyx asking if there is anything on there end that could be causing issue or get a new SIM.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I cannot answer that. Have you tired the 4000D again since you connected the ZTE to the network. You might also update the user profile and any other software update options in the ZTE.

Also, you need to look in the ZTE Warp web user interface and make sure it is connecting to Band 41. Without Band 41, you will never be able to connect.
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

I have the exact same issue. I have direct line of site to a Band 41 tower but cannot get any signal. Shows 0% signal strength. I currently get 50 down with my original setup which is WE826 and AD 1DP727L15 NF Antennas. I was just hoping this would simplify my setup. Could some of the settings need to be tweaked to make the 4000D pick up a signal.
Thank You
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Does your SIM Card show as Ready as above?

You should not have to make any setting adjustments.

What SIM Card adapter are you using?
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

Yes, SIM card shows “ready”
I’m using the adapter from the 3 pack kit that came with my WE826 being that it’ requires a different size adapter than the WE826.
So odd shows Ready but has a zero signal even when I drive over closer to tower keeping everything powered up in my pickup. The signal status lights only have the first one just blinking.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

What I would first suggest is trying one of the metal SIM card adapters, and taping the SIM Card it in place with some scotch tape on back of the adapter. This assures proper alignment. And, it is also important to sand/remove any tits off the sides of the SIM Card before installing.

We have seen strange events related to SIM cards and adapters. They just almost need to have a perfect fit.

Send us a message using the contact form on the website. I have a few kits that are in pieces and will send you one to try at no cost.
Huskybruiserjr

Post by Huskybruiserjr »

So i ran into the same problem when hooking up my 4000d. My problem was the cat5e cable i originally used did not provide enough voltage to activate the antenna and the modem. It just activated the antenna and appeared to be running as intended. Bought new cat6 cable and immediately had connectivity!
Used this page to help with setup
http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=448&sid=f49d1720e83a08c8494293e9e7f18e30

Return to “General and Unclassified”