$20 ATT Postpaid iPad plan fit for our displaced Ukranian community members?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

$20 ATT Postpaid iPad plan fit for our displaced Ukranian community members?

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Members in our community are starting to host displaced Ukranians who have been fortunate to get out - they however need to resume work and continue to be in touch with their family

The first few months they won't be able to transfer their funds out yet so we will all chip in - to make it cost-effective, I am thinking of us buying a bunch of these $20 ATT Postpaid iPad plans to give to our new community members to use until they can be independent.

Some questions:

1. Is anyone here actively using this plan? How long have you been using any what blips/issues have you faced?
2. Can it send domestic texts and/or make calls (in addition to LTE data?)
3. Can it make international texts and/or make calls (even if paid addons need to be added; esp. calls to Europe and Ukraine)
4. As long as it's used in an LTE enabled iPad, it works as advertised? These won't be used in hotspots but I am concerned that ATT might cause issues citing their 3G Shutdown etc - so making sure
5. Are these limited to one per person/address etc?

I tried to call up and ask ATT these questions and effectively couldn't get anywhere.

Also, if any of you know similarly priced LTE plans, I would really appreciate details. I would rather not deal with uncertain/online only MVNOs ATM - these plans have to work and as simply as possible.
tetranz

Re: $20 ATT Postpaid iPad plan fit for our displaced Ukranian community members?

Post by tetranz »

It doesn't do voice calls or texts. Of course it's an internet connection so you can use something like Skype.
Rich Hathaway

Re: $20 ATT Postpaid iPad plan fit for our displaced Ukranian community members?

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Why don't you use the old $5 a month data flash for vzw service? it had voice and text on it, I think it still works, have not tried it in a long time but the last time I did it still worked.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:22 am Why don't you use the old $5 a month data flash for vzw service? it had voice and text on it
because I don't know something like it exists - I would like to know more - should I email/PM you?

LTE is a must - most of the tooling I've setup in and for the community is data optimized and the plan is to also put these SIMs back to use once they served their immediate primary use. I am interested in the voice calls/texts because ATT Has made calls to Ukraine free and our first guest from Ukraine can call out over voice but data apps she likes to use are having issues so voice really works, but if needed we can use VOIP gateways (not free).

Our next batch is expected to arrive next weekend.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Hi man, I will answer your pm here.
I am surprised you dont know about this, I flashed and sold mifis with this for about 10 years, it kept my stores alive during hard retial times.
It is only a 3g product as there was no such thing as 4g way back then, so I am not sure if it will work for you since you say you need lte and the status of 3g is in limbo for vzw now, like I said the last time I made a mifi up it was still working.
A little history about it
When we (ztahoez & myself) were making these tools and flashes it started out as a completely manual process but as time went on we streamlined the process and automated everything, we started the automation with simple tools like this one
mifi tool2.PNG
This tool dumped the vzw account profile from the doner phone and wrote it to the mifi, any Novatel mifi would work and some of the zte's, eventually we were making so many of these 300 or so a day we needed it to be faster so we made "the king" of mifi tools, you can see it below
mifi tool.PNG
this tool in "one-click mode" and a donor phone and a mifi plugged in would dial Verizon create an account, ota the phone then pull the profile and write everything to the mifi all in one click it was a gem of a tool, we wore it out for many years, we did so many of these I had a warehouse full of girls and 50 PC's all running this at the same time, we did so many my wife and daughter got to complaining about
the repetition and it being so monotonous so added a "Angie mode" to make it easier for them to look at 10 hours a day
mifi tool 3.PNG
all the girls loved victorias secret and they did not need all the other complicated buttons and things this would do so Angie mode was born lol, a victoria secret looking tool with all the stuff they only Z and I needed removed.
Anyway, we also found an exploit to make the Verizon accounts and put a month of service on them for free and eventually grew that into making the accounts and keeping them up for 90 days before a $5 payment had to be made on the account so it would not be recycled by Verizon for non-use :) 90 days is their limit for non used accounts when they can then recycle and give the MDN on the account out again to another customer.
Pretty good to make an account and use unlimited data for 120 days for 5 bucks, we had resellers who were charging as much as 50 bucks a month to end-users, it was all profit.
needless to say, this exploit does not work for lte without cloning a sim which only leads to account termination in about 24 hours lol.
Those were the good ole days when it was CDMA 3g things were so simple :) I miss CDMA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
radec

Post by radec »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:12 pm
Also, if any of you know similarly priced LTE plans, I would really appreciate details. I would rather not deal with uncertain/online only MVNOs ATM - these plans have to work and as simply as possible.
I would contact Mobile Citizen (https://mobilecitizen.org/) they can provide hotspots with service through T-Mobile for $10/mo. It is completely unlimited, no throttleing or anything. It would probably be easiest if you had a non-profit (501c3) that could be the ones to interface with Mobile Citizen, but even if you don't I would contact them anyway. They are great.
Barrett50
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Barrett50 »

@Rich Hathaway been trying to make contact with you..you still using the gmail email?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Yes for 18 years now :) since gmail launched.
Barrett50

Post by Barrett50 »

I’ll email again...sometimes gmail blocks my email for some reason.
Barrett50

Post by Barrett50 »

I’m not that far from you actually, do you have a store front?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Not anymore, we sold the stores 4 years ago, you can still come here if you wish we are just outside of Oskaloosa, I put up a 60x80 Morton building next to our house to be my office now, I'm supposed to be retired but seems like I work now more than when I had retail locations lol.
Barrett50

Post by Barrett50 »

I’ll just go to a spare gmail and email you from there. I might have answered my own question but I’d still like your opinion or get product from you if you have it

Return to “Internet Service Providers”