NEXP1G0 No Network or WIFI after reboot or power loss

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
fcp818
Been thanked: 0

NEXP1G0 No Network or WIFI after reboot or power loss

Post by fcp818 »

Hello All,

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a NEXP1GO kit with a Quectel RM502Q-AE 5G Cellular Modem to replace my Tmobile Trash Can. Everything is up and running and the system performs well. My only issue is when I initiate a software reboot from within the GUI or if the power is disconnected externally. When that situation occurs the unit reboots and the LEDs on there front panel look as if all is well but the network interfaces (WIFI and LAN) don't really come up. WIFI SSIDs are not broadcast and DHCP is not issued via the LAN ports. Using a static IP on my service laptop doesn't work as well to communicate with the units IP. Power cycling again doesn't solve the issue either. My only solution to date is to press the reset button on the face of the unit. I'm concerned as this unit will be installed at a remote hilltop outdoor panel shortly where I get much better signal and data rates. These lockups will hamper my ability for remote service and firmware upgrades to the unit.

Any thoughts on what maybe causing the boot up issues? Bad unit?

Thanks for any feedback everyone.

Frank
tetranz

Re: NEXP1G0 No Network or WIFI after reboot or power loss

Post by tetranz »

I have the same model router (but with a Sierra Wireless modem) and certainly haven't haven't noticed that behavior.

Make sure you have an adequate power supply.

The only kind of similar issue I've had is that 5 GHz Wi-Fi often doesn't start (or at least the SSID never shows up) and when it does I often can't get an IP address from it. I don't really use the 5 GHz Wi-Fi so I haven't made a big deal of it but it is a little frustrating just to know that something doesn't quite work as it should.

I'm sure the wired LAN not working for you is a big problem.
fcp818

Post by fcp818 »

Thanks for the feedback. Going to try to re-flash the firmware as I've seen that as a suggestion to other odd issues in past postings.
fcp818

Post by fcp818 »

The reboot after the re-flash of the firmware yielded the same issue and the need to press the reset button get the device communicating via wifi and lan again. Maybe it is a hardware issue. Going to need to talk with the guys at the store to see if they think it's a warranty issue.
blodulv
Has thanked: 0

Post by blodulv »

This happens quite often with my NEXP1GO as well (have had it for a few weeks now), it often comes up without the 5ghz SSID. Reboot generally fixes it, haven't had time to dig in further.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”