Visible Wireless in a Quectel EM12/WE826 Lost service

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

Visible Wireless in a Quectel EM12/WE826 Lost service

Post by gscheb »

Hello all,
Have had my uncle set up on this and has had no issues for like a year now or more. He called yesterday and said it was out. Went over there today Immediately put the sim into a phone and got a connection. So next looked at the setting and etc. Noticed that the "PDP Contexts" have changed. They shouldn't have since those are locked during the setup of this router. Below is a picture of what changed.
PDP Contexts.PNG
Tried changing these back and had issues getting it to connect. Decided to put in another service provider sim and test the modem and it worked fine. So the modem was good. When put back in the Visible sim again would connect sometimes and not others.

So flashed fresh new firmware to the router and set it from ground zero again. Using this tutorial here.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=18630#p18630

After this is is connecting over and over again after every restart like it should.
Have no idea what happened or how.
Just passing this along encase it happens to someone else.
Was starting to think that Visible was going to start blocking this Quectel modem but just needed to be set up again for some reason.
Well let everyone know if it goes out again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cobravenom39
Has thanked: 0

Re: Visible Wireless in a Quectel EM12/WE826 Lost service

Post by cobravenom39 »

Bookmarking for later.

I have the same exact setup with Visible and I have issues with no upload speed.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello again,
Uncle contacted me today saying his visible is out. Been little over 4 months since I fixed it last time. Guessing might be the same issue again. Haven't looked at it yet. Will let you know.
Is there anyone else out there having issues with Visible right now?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Doesn't seem to be the "PDP Contexts" this time. They didn't change it just doesn't want to connect for some reason. Going to try it in another device and see what happens. Has anyone heard of Visible starting to block devices?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Now put this into a NetGear LB1120 and it will connect in there. So put it back into the WE826/EM12 and still won't connect. Checked the debug information doesn't show any errors in there.
Might just reload everything from scratch again and see what happens I guess.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Well ended uploading fresh firmware to the router and doing the visible set up from scratch. After that it works just fine. Don't understand what is going on with it. Why need to do this?
If the AT&T post pay tablet plan continues to work may switch them to that. Less maintenance to keep it going for the same price.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Had this thing set up to do a auto reboot at 4:30 AM and it did that just fine. But did notice that was stuck on the 5 up and down speeds again. So decided to power cycle it and bam won't connect anymore.
Don't think this is an issue with the device. Tested other sim cards in it and it connected. Think it is a Visible thing. Is anyone else out there seeing connect issues with Visible?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Visible has now been connected all day in a netgear LB1120. Still don't think there is an issue with my WE826/EM12 though.
Is visible fighting back?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I have heard that Visible seems to be making more changes to detect use in routers. No experience in any changes myself.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Still struggling with Visible. Will get it going for a bit and within a few minutes it shut down. Restart and it connects for a little bit then shuts down. Seeing this in multiple units now. Is anyone else seeing this out there?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

So I tethered a phone to the router for hours with no issue. So some how visible can now detect you are using a router modem IMEI. This is the issue now with visible. Just to share the information.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”