Rooter on Raspberry Pi 4

dbshelton

Rooter on Raspberry Pi 4

Post by dbshelton »

Can anyone tell me the procedure to install Rooter on my Raspberry Pi 4? I am pretty confused.
baldwine
Has thanked: 0

Re: Rooter on Raspberry Pi 4

Post by baldwine »

To install Rooter for the RPi4 or any pi, you need an SD Card, SD Card reader/writer (something like this.

Using a Windows PC and a program like Rufus, you will need to burn the .img file to the SD Card.
- Download the RPi4 files from [url=http://aturnofthenut.com/autobuilds/]Rooter Autobuilds folder[/url]
- Extract using 7zip or winrar
- Using Rufus
- Select the USB Drive you have the SD Card attached to
- Select the image to use (select the full-ext4.img file)
- Select Start to complete the process, wait until completed
- eject the USB device from the PC.
- Insert the SD Card into your RPi4. Connect power and attach to an empty lan port on your router
- wait a few minutes to finish loading up
- To access, use the address '192.168.1.1' (you may have to do a direct connect to your PC if your router is already using that address or change the router address to something else)
- go to WirelessJoint.com to get your settings as they are different for each provider.

It's not a difficult process once you learn it. Some notes for you on the RPi4. Load Balancing will not work and the Rooter software is still a work in progress, though it should work well with limited issues. If you have issues, you will need to contact the folks that build Rooter directly on their forums.

Return to “Raspberry Pi”