Inseego USB800 'mifi login' credentials & AT Commands needed

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
PeterParker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Inseego USB800 'mifi login' credentials & AT Commands needed

Post by PeterParker »

Hello all, does anyone know the login/password for AT commands on the USB800? I'm able to connect to the USB800 via Serial USB with PuTTY and I am presented with a 'mifi login:' prompt, it requires both a username and a password.

05h3ipochbf81.png

And then what AT Commands it takes to change the IP, Netmask, Gateway, DNS Servers etc...

All help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
-Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rich Hathaway

Re: Inseego USB800 'mifi login' credentials & AT Commands needed

Post by Rich Hathaway »

the login is "root" and the password is the root password, that is the console port you are trying to login to, may I suggest you send your AT commands thru the modem port so you do not have to have your root password to do it like that. You can change most of that in the admin panel without any AT commands.
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

The admin panel has no such settings on the USB800, what is the root password? and what is the modem port?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Oh ya AT&T lol, they have a dumbed-down UI.
The root password resides in the NV, at 0xEB5D but you won't be able to read its true value as it is crypted, you would need someone to clear or read it for you. You can only see the crypted values for instance, here is on out of a usb800 I have here
$1$H1Ijpm3S$Dj7EUMQ0uDPfKkO6oMMug
but like I said it needs decrypted and before you ask it is a secure item and must have security removed before you can see the true non-crypted value.
the modem port is shown below, it is disabled by default, if yours has not been enabled you can msg me away from the forum and I can enable it for you.
If you are going to proceed, I posted drivers for this model in another thread here yesterday for someone else, you will need them first so go get them.
Capture3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

adb saved the day:
abdsavestheday.png
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

Now I just need to figure out what I need to edit in order to change the IP Subnet :?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

That's meant to be changed by AT command not by the raw filesystem, if you are going to edit anything in there you should make a full backup first so you can recover it if it gets borked.
If you have the ADB port then you have the modem port also, you should use it instead, imo
there is a lot on the web about at commands and setting the ip and dns
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

The modem doesn't show up in Device Manager... so... in the file system what would I have to edit? if I can do AT commands what commands would I use with the inseego usb800?
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:32 pm That's meant to be changed by AT command not by the raw filesystem, if you are going to edit anything in there you should make a full backup first so you can recover it if it gets borked.
If you have the ADB port then you have the modem port also, you should use it instead, imo
there is a lot on the web about at commands and setting the ip and dns
Also how does one make a backup?

I was able to make a backup.

How do you edit the IP subnet with AT Commands?
Hogwild

Post by Hogwild »

I would think that command would probably be the same as on the USB730l. Have you checked the AT command reference for that? It's easily available.
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

Thank you all for the help, I was able to access the Modem Port using AT Commander, now I just need to find the AT Commands to change the IP Subnet etc.. my searches have came up with nothing, can anyone tell me exactly what the AT command is?

Thank you and Kind Regards,
-Peter
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

I have not ever needed to change the IP of this stick. the way I see it you have a couple of options.
You can use AT+CLAC=?
that command will list all of the non-proprietary AT commands for you which you use on that device you can then google each one to find their meaning, that will take a long time, or since you are already in the ADB port or maybe try to use iptables to do it manually. but if you do that you will have to read permissions and set them back to what they were because after you write anything permissions will be either 644 or null
The other usb stick all have a field for it in the admin panel to change those values but AT&T took it all out and dumbed it down a bunch
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Here are some listed in the modem partition and the system partitions of the firmware, I am sure there are prob more but I do not have time to search them right now.
Some of those will be proprietary and require some credentials or have to be in a different mode to work, or at least
thats how they usually are but not sure with this one.

atcmds_modem.PNG
atcmds_system.PNG
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

I see, thanks!
Hogwild

Post by Hogwild »

In case you can use it, here is the AT Command Reference Guide for the USB730l.

I know there are sometimes risks if you use the wrong AT command, but hopefully, this might still help.
Geeks

Post by Geeks »

Is there a way to change the imei of the 8000?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”