changing ip address frequency

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
brcisna
Been thanked: 0

changing ip address frequency

Post by brcisna »

Hello,

Not sure this is correct forum category for this question.

Have been using Vizable for internet access for home use for about 4 months now . Am happy with reliability so far. Have noticed ip address is changing constantly.
Problem, Trying to do taxes online through extaxreturn,, i can go for about 3 -4 minutes then i get "Session timed out".
Have done the clear cache routine using both Chrome and Firefox. Always use Chrome but tried Firefox. Has gotten very frustrating.
Have found through trial and error when this happens my ip address has changed of course and have to log back on,and go again.
I guess this is the only database website we have used here at home. We do online banking and have never had any session timeouts there.
Cant imagine there is any workaround for this using the generic ViZable plan. Pretty certain,,but not scientific it is the fact the ip address is changing.

Thank You.
ruraltx
Has thanked: 0

Re: changing ip address frequency

Post by ruraltx »

I don't have Vizable, but it's not surprising their out proxies are that bad. Cellular is kind of a mess. It's possible messing with the APN protocol might help. Setting IPv4/IPv4v6 or IPv6 can change how xlat is set up and work around weird issues if your device and provider support it. That's the only thing I can think of that can have an effect on your end. You'll most likely need to use a VPN or proxy to get around that issue.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”