EP06-A + NEXQ6GO Uptime

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Mr.Taco

EP06-A + NEXQ6GO Uptime

Post by Mr.Taco »

Greetings Everyone:

I just had some general inquires about my setup that I was hoping someone could advise to perhaps improve my connection.

Generally speaking everything runs well when it's connected but about every 1-2 days I have to reset the modem. When the inet is "down"..I go into the router under connection status and it still shows I'm connected to the tower. Last debugging AT commands show "OK"..nothing weird in other words. I can get 30-40 down/10 up. I capped it at 10/3.Running QMI mode. GoldenOrb_2021-09-10 Kernel Version 4.9.211. EP06-A fw EP06ALAR02A08M4G.

Usually it goes like this: Prev nite all is well and and fine. I goto bed and next morning I'll find I have no inet but modem still shows connected to big red. Resetting USB or rebooting router usually clears it up after around 2-3 min bootup time (have to wait a bit for cell tower/sim values to populate on screen. In fact it will usually connect b4 that screen is refreshed as it seems to take couple min). Any help to potentially get this connection more stable would be appreciated. It's actually kinda livable as I could just script an auto reset/reboot command me thinks, but of hearing people saying they have stable connections for months on end makes me wonder if I should have something set to allow that. Thanks. Have CA set on bands 4/13 usually tends to on 4. Will post logs/commands as requested.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: EP06-A + NEXQ6GO Uptime

Post by JimHelms »

Does your firmware version include the Custom Ping Test in the menu?

If so, try enabling the option with Test Type set to Page Retrieval.

CustomPingTest.png

Note, that when using the Custom Ping Test, Connection Monitor should be disabled if you are using it.

When the Ping fails, and reboots the modem, you will see it in the connection log;

ConnectionLog.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr.Taco

Post by Mr.Taco »

10-4 will do as suggested. I have that option and connection monitoring is disabled/hasn't been touched. I will also reset modem connect logs so everything is nice an shiny (clean) and will report back with updates/what happened per ping/keepalive. Thank you.

Update: 1-28-22 - Nothing to report so far. It has been about 28 hours and still connected with no issues.
Mr.Taco

Post by Mr.Taco »

Update 1-30-22: It's been around 74 hours and it has not disconnected/gone weird yet. I guess that resolves it. I'm susprised it is that because while I do understand
how a wireless carrier might null out connections that are not in use, my VPN connections were still on, so I would figure even the minute traffic going through on idle would at least be more due to the additional data that's used for encryption. So I dunno. Thank you very much for the help.

Return to “Quectel Modems”