How do I get in touch with Wireless Haven

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Cfuentes
Has thanked: 0

How do I get in touch with Wireless Haven

Post by Cfuentes »

Does any one have a number I can call for technical support?
Didneywhorl

Re: How do I get in touch with Wireless Haven

Post by Didneywhorl »

They don't offer free one on one tech support.

Post here on the forum your question.

If you have a product malfunction that is manufacturer defect related, email them. There's prompts and forms on the site.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

Wrote a whole paragraphs and this stupid posting software erase it all. Short story, flashed it 5 times and restarted 30 times Finally got the modems to stay connected. Then took 10 more retarts to get the rm502 to take correct apn. Speed was terrible but it turn out to be wifi.

Why is the wifi so terrible. In my chair I get 25-30mbs when by the router I get 80-95. Old wg3526 was pretty much the same never really noticed a difference. Can I use the antennas from the wg3526? Is it just the new nexp1 is not as good. Is it the firmware not stable after all the crap I went through to set it up after it was so easy on the wg3526. The TMHI is right next to it and I get the 80-95mbs down here and it is sitting right next to nexp1 and it has no external antennas.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

I spoke to soon.

Fri Jan 21 21:55:14 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 21:56:10 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 21:57:05 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 21:58:01 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 21:58:57 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 21:59:53 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:00:49 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:01:44 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:02:40 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:03:37 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:04:35 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:05:29 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:06:25 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:07:20 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:08:16 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:09:11 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Fri Jan 21 22:10:11 2022 : Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The NEXP1GO is the exact same router as the WG3526P. Just different name.
The newest firmware is openWRT 21x based. You can flash it back to any WG3526 firmware version you like.

When you flashed the firmware did you save settings? You never should. Did you save your configs and reload them? You also should not do this. These saved settings can carry over problems or cause problems from upgrading from one version to another.

You say it works better closer but you also said your other routers wifi works better sitting right next to it. Are you running both wifi radios on the same channel? Sounds like channel contention.

Wifi doesn't typically get slower the further away you get from it, unless theres significant RF noise causing data loss.

Use a wifi contention "analyzer" app to see which wifi channel is least used in the area and switch the wifi channels to that, on the NEXP1GO.

Your modem resetting is likely a modem connection monitor. Make sure it us disabled. No ping test monitors either. Do you have low modem signal when it is connected?

Which service and plan are you using?

Are you using using multiple modems? Are you using the full MWAN3 firmware version on the router.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

I'm not sure what is wrong with this forum. I keeps deleting my Darn Post.

Try again, The WiFi is not affect on the tmobile router. If it was WiFi interference would it not affect both. I will get the app and see what i says. So the only difference I saw is the antennas and Firmware.

Yes I did not keep setting or reload configs. The router that disconnects more often gets 67-75% signal the rm502 only gets 48-54% and does not disconnect very often. The firmware just acts different. I used to stop individual interfaces and do speed tests for each individual interface then reconnect and test the next one. Cant do that here if I stop a modem interface (Wan1 or Wan2) it will not reconnect. Only way to get it back up is to restart the router.

Yes I am using MWAN3 full from 2021-09-29.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

Also what is a good temp for the Em7565? It is getting to 51C inside the Modem. I only got to 45C in the Enclosure.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

You can load previous versions of the WG3526 firmware, though you will have to use the firmware recovery method to go back to pre- 21x openWRT base.

viewtopic.php?t=2051

Older Firmware images:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Temperature in the router may be hotter because you also have the main SOC chip and wifi chips in there causing more heat combined with the modem.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

Cfuentes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:10 pm I'm not sure what is wrong with this forum. I keeps deleting my Darn Post.
I feel your pain. This has bit me in the ass many times. Basically if you take too long typing a response then you get signed out and when you submit you lose what you have typed. I got in the habit of copying all of my response to clipboard before submitting just in case I took too long since I like to be thorough when I do post.

I do formally request that the site 'timeout' be increased, LOL. Is that a possibility or am I missing a setting somewhere? I'm sure we aren't the only ones right?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

mtl26637 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am
Cfuentes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:10 pm I'm not sure what is wrong with this forum. I keeps deleting my Darn Post.
I feel your pain. This has bit me in the ass many times. Basically if you take too long typing a response then you get signed out and when you submit you lose what you have typed. I got in the habit of copying all of my response to clipboard before submitting just in case I took too long since I like to be thorough when I do post.

I do formally request that the site 'timeout' be increased, LOL. Is that a possibility or am I missing a setting somewhere? I'm sure we aren't the only ones right?
@JimHelms
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Didneywhorl wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:22 am
mtl26637 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am

Thanks for the input. When we upgraded the forum, the session time was reset to its default of 16.6 min (1000 seconds).

We have now increased it to two hours which should resolve this issue.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

Guess I was sidetracked or too 'thorough' in the past if it took me longer the 15 min. to respond, lol. Explains why I was pretty much the only one..
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I guess this was solved.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

No just gave up on the router. It is still there. Modems disconnect all the time. The wifi is horrible. It ended Ended up getting Tmobile home internet.
I use it as a backup when kids are online or when tmobile slows down for de-prioritization. Still kicks me off wifi all the time and modems disconnect all the time. Really a piece of trash cant believe they sell such a thing. Never reached out to me to offer RMA or help.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I typically use a dedicated wifi access point myself. The NEXP1GO router, as well as most all cellular gateway routers in that price point range, can only handle so much. The routers wifi isn't fantastic, sure, but it generally works for most. I have seen some have issues with wifi, but it's usually on the 5GHz channels that are highly contented in the area. Not always, but it happens a lot. Again, I use dedicated wifi access points when possible, as they are 100% designed for solely handling wifi, versus a router handling routing tasks, multiple cellular gateway modem control and routing, and dual band wifi device control and routing.

You said you have two modems EM7565 and RM502Q-AE and are using the MWAN3 firmware. Are you load balancing? Failover? etc?
You said modem disconnects. Which modem has the issue and what specific cell plan in that specific problem modem or in each one? I've seen times that a modem was acting off, but in most cases the cell plan was a tablet or phone plan and the cell carriers are constantly trying to block this coming up with new ways to stop data flow and other issues. It's an ongoing game, and lately it seems that regular nightly router reboots tend to fix many issues like this.
I've also taken a "problem modem" and moved it to a new location and the problem 100% went away. What may be an issue in one location isn't always an issue that follows the modem. This lights a big flashing light that says to me it might be the carrier and the way they are managing that specific tower.

There are so many variables in getting universal non carrier branded cellular modem gateways working, especially when not using data only hotspot SIM plans, and it's usually not so simple as "junk router" or "junk modem". But it is much easier to say it that it is.

I only really say this because I've been working with that exact router for a long time now and I've not unilaterally seen anything other than it is a little workhorse router for what it is designed to do. There are nuances to the multitude of modem setups, but they can typically be worked around.

Did you reach out to wireless haven for an RMA? Did you email them and tell them the router is broken? If the device is not operating as the manufacturer intended (aka it's broken somehow) then they would back that up anytime, I'm 100% certain of that. ....but, generally you have to reach out to the place you purchased your router from, and your different modems, in order to initiate a return. The posts above started on Jan 20th and the last post I made stating I guess you're problem was solved happened within 5 days of that post, with helping posts in between. You stopped responding stopping everyones ability to help you.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

This one just turns Wifi on and off constantly. I downloaded wifi analyzer app and see it constantly turn on and off. Definitely something wrong with it. I had a regular wg3526 for years wifi was fine( with the em7565 and the standard internal one it came with). Speed stayed consistent until I got way on the fringe of coverage. I am thinking of buying another appliance to just use the wifi and see if it helps. I saw another member had the same problem and they got an rma and it ended up being loose connections that needed to be resolder for the wifi chip or something like that. Maybe I can get one of the new Wifi 6 things and that would take care of all my problems.

The Modem disconnects have gone away and have been pretty solid just speeds are horrible. I turn off one of the connection monitoring feature. Saw that on another post I think or maybe you told me to do that.

Yes em7565 and Rm502 and using load balancing. But doesn't matter I can turn off the modems and just use the wan ethernet link to T-mobile home internet and I get 2.65mbs download. I hook up directly to tmobile wifi and I get 58mbs download. Same source of internet. No other Modems turned on but still will have horrible speeds. I connect to the router wifi 2 or 3 times in a row because it will turn off wifi as soon as I connect then have to wait for it to come back on then attempt it again. I can be a pain. Worried after I buy the Wifi 6 appliance I will still see the 2.65mbs down because it is actually a problem with the NEXP1GO. Don't want to keep throwing money at it. I would be nice since the sim cards in the modems are not deprioritized as bad as home internet. If I cant get it to work I can see 30mbs down on ethernet connected device at prime time vs. home internet drops from 60s to 5-8mbs at peak times. Unfortunately I don't have ethernet to every appliance needed.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hmmmm. That is odd. Re-explain the ethernet to ethernet throughput tests.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

I am using 2 Tmobile home internets, One has a tablet sim. The problem I have is they can not be changed from the stock network of 192.168.12.1. So if in my best life I would get the NexP1 to do the load balancing and use all 3 networks(2 modems and Tmobile router with tablet sim) and the one Home internet as the main internet as it is unlimited and works great 95% of the time. Unfortunately the tmobile home router with tablet plan needs to have the TTL changed by the NEXP1. So if I am hooked up to ethernet at the router I will show good through(using wan) put but if you put it on Wifi it will always be slower, if it stays connected. I just need it to run ok for a few hours to watch Amazon prime video. I am really thinking about a Wifi 6 extender. I have seen a bunch of folks do that instead of using the routers wifi.

Now I havent tried direct ethernet in a while but that was the behavior last I played with it. I will do some testing and let you know more. Thanks for being interested.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I recommend going with dedicated wifi access points. Vilo is coming out with a wifi6 version. I really like their system. Many have shown favor for tp-link deco systems. I've used Ubiquiti stuff a bit, and tp-link omada access points.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

I ordered a tplink one last night. Tested with an old Asus ac1200 I had, and the speeds were much better and stayed connected all day. Had 2-4mbs down on wifix wifi and had 30-40mbs on the ac1200. For comparison I got getting 40-50mbs with ethernet connected directly to Wifix. I turned on the Rm502 and got some 70 and 80s with wan and wan1 load balancing. Wish it could be like that all the time. Modems do stay connected better but still disconnects multiple times a day. I restart it with the at+cfun1 command. Works most of the time and don't have to actually walk up to the router.

Should I turn off the Wifix wifi?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I would turn it off. This also saves both power and processor cycles for the modem(s) to use.

I have seen an odd issue with the rm502 on Tmobile just stop transmitting data. It says connected and all but it just wont transmit. There are patch notes, on the latest firmware from Quectel, about a tmobile UDP and connections problem.

I'm still digging on that one.

As an aside I have made mine recover by simply restarting the network interfaces via command line:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/network restart
Might be worth putting it on a chron schedule or enabling the custom connection monitor.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

Another interesting tidbit, I turned off Wifi and it still keeps the wifi going in and out. It still pops on wifi list and on the wifi analyzer app. Then disappears. Acts no different than when it is enabled.

One of the things I noticed is when the Rm502 loses the the 5g signal it wont move data any longer even though it says connected. I put it in 4g only mode and seems to be much more stable. Still goes down every once in a while but not multiple times an hour.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Are you using the stock 2.5A power supply? That sounds like a power issue.

That is weird about the wifi still broadcasting. How did you disable it? I'm sure you did it like I would, but just asking.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

I thought Wireless haven had the upgraded ac adapter with the Nexp1.

I went to network/ wireless and disabled the wifix wifi master. Shows disabled but kept showing up. The router is scheduled to restart every morning. Seems Ok today haven't seen it pop up today but only been on the computer for about 15 minutes.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Upgraded to 2.5A yes. The manufacturer tries to ship them with 1.5A power supplies. Those are rated for cat 12 and maybe cat 16 modems. I always like a little extra. Especially when modem drop outs present themselves. n41, if I recall correctly, is one of the most power hungry bands.
Cfuentes

Post by Cfuentes »

I actually ordered a 4.0 amp power adapter when I looked at my order. Not sure if I am using that with the rm502 or the Nexp1. But I did try swapping them a few weeks back as an experiment as it always felt like it was a power problem that kept making the modems and wifi drop in and out and no difference.

Since wifi has been actually off, the last couple of days, I have had no modem disconnects. They have stayed connected and moved data. Also put the RM502 on 4g only, as it seemed to stop moving data when it lost the 5g connection. Even if still connected to 4g. Looked at the connection logs and the modems show connected in the morning after reboot and no disconnections or reconnects the rest of the day. Has been nice cant wait to get the Wifi6 in so I can hook it up.

Return to “General and Unclassified”