AT+QRSRP - Antenna Signal?

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
dbshelton

AT+QRSRP - Antenna Signal?

Post by dbshelton »

When I run AT+QRSRP I get numbers like -92, -92, -96, -88
What exactly does that tell me? Is this considered antenna signal?
Didneywhorl

Re: AT+QRSRP - Antenna Signal?

Post by Didneywhorl »

AT+QRSRP seems like its not fully fleshed out.

I think it only shows the active antennas RSRP, meaning that if 4x4 MIMO isn't active then you get the two duplicated results, like the two 92s. Since 4x4 MIMO isn't always active you will have a hard time catching it on all 4.

At least that is what I've gathered. Documentation on it would be nice, QUECTEL! HINT HINT!

Lol
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

Seems like when little traffic I will get something like -95, -92, -140, -140
brcisna
Been thanked: 0

Post by brcisna »

dbshelton,

This does not really gain you any info,in regards to your question,,but, we switched over to cellular as primary internet as of about 6 months ago. Works very well compared to our last mom & pop local wireless provider,,only 1.5 MB up and down.
When trying to get familiar with signal strength like you,it is kind of hard to decypher the numbers as far as what is 'acceptabe' or..."I need to change some things". I am running a Sierra Wireless em7455 on a Debian linux machine via a pci-e to m.2 adapter ( which can not be bought any longer),,,
The Debian Bullesye distro has a nice 'signal strength' gui applet in in the taskbar that tells your signal strength realtime, Really handy to see what you have.
After having the computer laying on side,for first five months ,,strictly by accident,stood up computer,in same spot and now get about another ten percent on signal strength. Still the same download upload throughput but is good knowing the signal strength is slightly better.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”