LT500 - Periodic Timeouts After Some Use?

prasta

LT500 - Periodic Timeouts After Some Use?

Post by prasta »

Hey All, running a Cudy LT500 on Visible as my SP.

I've noticed that periodically, I'll lose internet connectivity, and before I try a reboot of the device itself, I'll log into the router admin page http://192.168.10.1/ and often times something as simple as that, will kickstart the connection, and with a refresh of the page, internet connectivity will resume.

Has anyone else experienced this? Wondering what the root cause is, if its the router or the cellullar connection timing out...

I've thought about ways to create some sort of one-click iphone script to remedy this, but that would be a bandaid fix, that I would prefer to remedy at the source of the issue.
steveg

Re: LT500 - Periodic Timeouts After Some Use?

Post by steveg »

Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Which firmware are you using?

You may want to reinstall the firmware or try another version.

The latest version does not play nice with Visible.

10.4 is tested fine, though. https://drive.google.com/file/d/120OhUb ... sp=sharing
prasta

Post by prasta »

Hmm, thats a good thought on the firmware, as I'm currently running; 1.8.8-20210531-131411

How are you staying up to date with the firmware releases? Does CUDY have a firmware updates page I could check periodically?

Feeling a little gun-shy on updating, based on your mention of the latest not playing nice, but 10.4 working... It all seems so precarious! Haha.

Steveg, are you updated to the latest firmware, 1.12, and experiencing no issues on Visible?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

prasta wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:17 am Hmm, thats a good thought on the firmware, as I'm currently running; 1.8.8-20210531-131411

How are you staying up to date with the firmware releases? Does CUDY have a firmware updates page I could check periodically?

Feeling a little gun-shy on updating, based on your mention of the latest not playing nice, but 10.4 working... It all seems so precarious! Haha.

Steveg, are you updated to the latest firmware, 1.12, and experiencing no issues on Visible?

Since my posting, I worked with Cudy on the firmware and all releases 12.4 and above are good in my tests. Almost plug and play with Visible right now.

https://thewirelesshaven.com/lt500-firmware-latest
prasta

Post by prasta »

Alright, you've convinced me, I'm taking the dive. Thank you!

Looking at the changelog, and I'm seeing a specific reference to Visible in there; can anyone elaborate what issues they're referring to? Issue #3 sounds like the exact problem I was having.

1. Update: Improve the compatibility of 4G connections, especially Verizon and T-Mobile.
2. Fixed: L2TP VPN connection.
3. Fixed: 4G connection doesn't Re-connect after dropping down.
4. Fixed: Visible 4G connection issue.

Since my posting, I worked with Cudy on the firmware and all releases 12.4 and above are good in my tests. Almost plug and play with Visible right now.

https://thewirelesshaven.com/lt500-firmware-latest
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It's referring to the method they used to load the modems PDP contexts and APN profile to better connect with Visible; with limited user input. They also removed a process that was not doing any good in my opinion, so that was good. :)
macmax1718
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by macmax1718 »

Hello
Good Morning
Sincerely
Please I need the Zip files of the links to restore the firmware of the Router LT500 US V1.0 the three published on your website none of them work for me and I don't know which one exactly brought the router
but I think it's 1.10.8

I would greatly appreciate the help and the possible hurry to provide them to me since I am without a functional device to see if I update the firmware

Thanks
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

macmax1718 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:03 am Hello
Good Morning
Sincerely
Please I need the Zip files of the links to restore the firmware of the Router LT500 US V1.0 the three published on your website none of them work for me and I don't know which one exactly brought the router
but I think it's 1.10.8

I would greatly appreciate the help and the possible hurry to provide them to me since I am without a functional device to see if I update the firmware

Thanks

All that there is archived is here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

You may need to do this:
prasta

Post by prasta »

Circling back around here, after a few months of usage with the new firmware, and I have to say: GOD DAMN my connection is rock solid now! Thank you thank you!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Noice!
mohshakil
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mohshakil »

We purchaced multiple LT500-OUTDOOR CPEs from market to use them for connecting office branches via MPLS using DATA SIM configuration. In other words, the interconnection provides local network access but without access to internet.

When we tested them we found that they connect normally but experience periodic timeouts, thr SIM goes to CONNECTED State then after some time it returns to INITIALIZING State then it repeats forever.

Is there any fix for this issue or firmware update available?

Return to “Cudy”