QUECTEL EM160R-GL cant see the sim phone number

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

QUECTEL EM160R-GL cant see the sim phone number

Post by Rrutl »

I'm running a Quectel EM160R-GL modem in a WE826 with a Visible sim and it has been performing well. Now I have another EM 160 and had hoped to put it thru the testing while waiting on better routers. The working modem has firmware that includes "05" as part of it's firmware version, while the more recent one has what is likely the newest version ("07"). The current problem is that the sim phone number isn't populating in the modem information. All other details are showing up but even when I try to manually input the number it won't stick. I've made sure the modem is in MBIM mode and I even tried a Verizon sim but still no go. I'm not sure if there are other settings I need to look at and I've tried various versions of the rooter firmware including the newest version. I've tried the modem in two different routers (both WE826) and even tried two different NGFF/M.2 adapters and three different sims. Admittedly I'm scouring all possible sources for info and help. Anyone have a suggestion, TIA.
Dr-BroadBand

Re: QUECTEL EM160R-GL cant see the sim phone number

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

It’s a long shot but try to remove the SIM, & do a HARD factory rest.
Let the router boot up without the SIM, then power down, install the SIM and hope for the best. :roll:
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Does it connect? If so, I wouldn't really worry about it, as it's just a UI formality.

The SIM phone number is populated by the network via responses from network queries.

I have no idea which queries, but it's in there somewhere.
Rrutl

Post by Rrutl »

The setup hasnt been connecting so far but i keep looking at various settings and I have made inquiries to Quectel forums. thanks for y'all's input
Rrutl

Post by Rrutl »

My previous testing with the module was using the stock whip antennas whip antennas and after connecting with LPDA externals, it's is finally connected, but with reduced bandwidth speeds. I am currently exploring alternate configurations of 'mode pref' and mbn to see about better speeds. My location is prohibitive of any better speeds than (20-40mbps) but presently the 'problem child' is limited to 5-6. Any further input is welcome, and BTW the sim number is still not populating, but it's connected !
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Did you set the TTL? Visible needs TTL of 64 or 65 for both IPV4 AND IPV6.

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2752

Return to “Quectel Modems”