EM12G - Smart Device Connection Issue

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
LTEMAX

EM12G - Smart Device Connection Issue

Post by LTEMAX »

I just recently purchased the EM12G for my ZBT WE826-Q to upgrade from the EP06A. I have the ZBT connected to my home router.

I was able to install the EM12G with no issues and got everything running. (Carrier: T-Mobile)

However, for some odd reason, none of my smart home devices want to work. (Smart Plugs, Alexa Devices, Smart TV) The devices are showing up as unresponsive?

I went ahead and upgraded the WE826Q to the latest WiFiX firmware and still, nothing changed.

So I put the EP06A back in and everything is working perfectly fine. All the devices are connecting with no issues.

So I don't know if I'm missing something, or if there are some issues with the EM12G and smart home devices???
I need some help thanks. :?: :|
Didneywhorl

Re: EM12G - Smart Device Connection Issue

Post by Didneywhorl »

Check and make sure both modems are running in the same protocol mode. MBIM or QMI

AT+QCFG="usbnet"

Tells you what it's set to.

I'm not really sure what it may be, but this may be one thing.
LTEMAX

Post by LTEMAX »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:02 pm Check and make sure both modems are running in the same protocol mode. MBIM or QMI

AT+QCFG="usbnet"

Tells you what it's set to.

I'm not really sure what it may be, but this may be one thing.
Thank you,

EP06A Protocol is QMI

if EM12G is on MBIM, how would I change that?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

To put either modem in MBIM mode:

Code: Select all

AT+QCFG="usbnet",2
To put either modem in QMI mode:

AT+QCFG="usbnet",0
After setting, reset the modem with:

AT+CFUN=1,1
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

Sounds like a DNS issue. Typically smart devices like to look up and phone home using there own settings and path. You might look at DNS settings between the 2 and see if something is changing that is causing the problem?
LTEMAX

Post by LTEMAX »

mtl26637 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:00 pm Sounds like a DNS issue. Typically smart devices like to look up and phone home using there own settings and path. You might look at DNS settings between the 2 and see if something is changing that is causing the problem?
I took a look at the network IPvUpstream

Showing..

Address: 192.0.0.2
Mask: 255:255:255:224
Gateway: 192.0.0.1
1 DNS: 192.0.0.1
2 DNS: No Number

I don't know if the gateway and the DNS are supposed to match, or if a gateway suppose to show up as 192.0.0.1? When I put in the EP06-A gateway/address/DNS 1 and DNS 2 showing up as Unique and different numbers.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

Were you able to figure out which protocol both were running in and try switching the new modem to the same protocol as the old modem from Didneywhorl's suggestions? Sometimes it can be as easy as that but that be to easy right. If you can, try to post system logs of both and we can try to compare and see what is going on. you can edit out exact ip addresses if you like and any other identifiable info such as imei etc. if you want to.

Return to “Quectel Modems”