Setting up Quectel 502Q - suggestions?

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
thejohnfist
Has thanked: 0

Setting up Quectel 502Q - suggestions?

Post by thejohnfist »

So I have SIMs for both Mobile Citizen and AT&T Postpaid tablet.

I keep both because the MC tower seems to have issues from time to time, but I know these Quec modems need ... identity support, to avoid problems. Is there a way to set up multiple profiles or would I be better off just buying a USB enclosure and plug it into my 1608 that houses my em7565 currently... then just use the 7565 for MC and 502 for ATT?

Any suggestions welcome!
Didneywhorl

Re: Setting up Quectel 502Q - suggestions?

Post by Didneywhorl »

You can setup connection profiles under the modem menu to recognize each SIM by ICCID or other methods.

Sorry for the late response.
packlet
Has thanked: 0

Re: Setting up Quectel 502Q - suggestions?

Post by packlet »

My current plans have all SIM's registered to the various service providers for the same device, so I don't need to change 'identity' when swapping SIMS.

As for constantly re-writing NVRAM to change the IMEI, not sure the storage is designed for more than a few re-writes now & then. Maybe it's fine, but it also might shorten the life of the modem...

As an aside, here's a dumb question re: RM502q (and their ilk): The MHF4 connectors are for 4g & sub-6ghz (C-band) 5G antennas. If the modem supports mmWave 5G using those other rectangular-ish connectors, what sort of pigtail/connector is used for said mmwave antennas? Or perhaps those little rectangular doo-hikeys ARE the antennas (no pigtail or external antennas required?)...

Return to “Quectel Modems”