High Beam x2

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
hookdk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

High Beam x2

Post by hookdk »

HI,
I just am new here.... Am technically mided... But am mostly into software (a programmer)...
Though that said.. Im trying help a girl who lives in the uS (Im from Europe) - I suggested she ordered a High Beam x2 atenna which she did.... But so now I just try wth her over the internet to figure out how we shoud mount it... DIdnt come any manuals or anythign with it... Its ok... But just to be sure.... How it should be mounted / angled ... We have not tested it yet coz we still waiting on getting the coaxial cables for it (as short as possible ofc - we btw will install a Netgear M1 in a cable box outside under though a porch roof to make the coxial as short as possible)...

Ok but my question... sorry for all the stories... But the question is how it should be "angled" the High Beam X2 - there is a sticker on the back with 2 arrows mentioning polarization... Im sure it ofc depends on the actual location tower at her place - but how should these arrows be angled / pointed??? The shop wireless haven show a photo where the one edge of the antenna is pointing downward.. I imagine if nothing else but also only because that photo shows that - that we will do as such.. Just without any explanation I feel thats a bit not very scientifical so to speak (we already have experimentet a bit with that with some cheap omni directional antennas)..

But is there any general advice here?? If so we will be greatful , thanks
René
Didneywhorl

Re: High Beam x2

Post by Didneywhorl »

It kind of doesn't matter which corner faces which way, but the common orientation in the US is for the polarization to be at 45 degrees. Basically meaning mount it like a diamond, with the corners up and down.

Like any of the following:
15dBi4x4SetupPolarity-2.png
15dBi4x4SetupPolarity-1.png

Those are examples of how to use two antennas together, but you can literally choose any orientation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Questions and Support”