I am using Visible for a few months now and lost upload speeds...

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Tuna8er

I am using Visible for a few months now and lost upload speeds...

Post by Tuna8er »

...I have Visible, and not changed any settings for a few months. The Download is still 10-20 mbps, but uploads is between 0.00 to 1.5 uploads. Average about 0.6 upload. Need at least 1.5 to 3 mbps for remote/controllers to send info to apps servers and xbox servers.
I have disconnected the tp-,link load balancers in case Visible can detect thier IP addresses. Stopped using Nord DNS, and used cloudflare for a bit, but google dns works best (8.8.4.4, since facebook shut down a month or two ago).
Any suggestions, is there a setting in OpenWRT firmware that impedes Upload speeds? Without uploads you can't sign in to netflix, hulu, xbox, nordvpn, etc.
cobravenom39
Has thanked: 0

Re: I am using Visible for a few months now and lost upload speeds...

Post by cobravenom39 »

Tagging
I'm having the same issue with Visible...
Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er »

Visible's contract with Verizon is ending early next year, Verizon won't renew it. I wondering if Verizon is giving Visible customers crappy service so that thier customers switch to Verizon. At&T merged with Verizon to take on T-,mobile.

Visible and Yahoo mobile were started to steal sprint Customers. Now that Sprint is out of business Verizon isn't keeping them. Yahoo mobile was shut down last August, they were great. Very SIM card Modem friendly.

The good news is Visible bought a bunch of Spectrum towers, and are converting them to 4G/5G, so they may not go out of business, but will no longer be part of verizons network.
punkguy00017

Post by punkguy00017 »

Good hopefully they can fill in sprints shoes as we need more competition to bring these prices and truly unlimited data plans to fruition
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Thought Verizon owned visible?
Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er »

They're partners, hello gscheb. You are a guru at this stuff.

Do you know anything to help upload speeds. Your other posts have helped me alot. I still don't get how to set specific bands for Carrier aggregation, using AT Commands.
I have 2 locked to B66, and 1 locked to Band 4. One of my modems is a Dual SIM/Modem, and when locked to the same band 1 is bad. I think since the LAN router in it uses the same IP and DNS settings, when on the same band Visible thinks it is a error or double and kicks it off. I have a Quectel EM12-G modem, three of them actually, I broke away from Mofi completly. I figure 1 SIM per person in the house, to ensure enough bandwidth. Basically, Thanks for being you, LoL.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Sorry don't use visible anymore. Don't know about this upload issue. There is no way to force carrier aggregation. Just create a group of bands of the ones you want and hope it does it. Also can look into whT bands the modem combines to make sure it is possible to do what you want.
56387f

Post by 56387f »

Hello,
This is the website to check available band combinations for aggregation for your modem:

https://cacombos.com

Search for your device, choose the primary band and examine what bands are (must supported by the tower) available for aggregation, lock to those bands.
ctcctc
Been thanked: 0

Post by ctcctc »

Tuna8er - This says that Verizon owns Visible. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/what-visible

Where did you get your info?
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

A little snippet from the Q&A on "everything you need to know about Visible" from that article:

Q: Why doesn’t Visible carry the Verizon name?
Verizon is known in the industry for its premium, full-service experience. Visible appeals to a different segment of customers who live completely online and prefer doing business that way.

^^^WTF does that even mean??? LOL.

It does however, make a little bit more sense to me now knowing that V1s1ble is owned and operated by big red. VZW has always seemed to be the last one for 'change' and has been the oddball provider when it comes to their phone network. Always been sticklers about the devices they allow access and such. so now to compete VZW dangles this 'unlimited' plan of theirs through the name 'vizible' to compete with other providers since I'm sure they were losing their ass not having any type of cheaper unlimited plans but when its all said and done their unlmited plan has all these restrictions applied with limited max speeds and such being implemented with dpi etc etc. Smells about right to me.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I can only get 5 up/down like the wifi hotspot on my phone, my router doesn't have TTL settings so I returned it, Cudy returned my money and let me keep it as it wont connect to Visible
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:31 am I can only get 5 up/down like the wifi hotspot on my phone, my router doesn't have TTL settings so I returned it, Cudy returned my money and let me keep it as it wont connect to Visible
Is it rooter based?
Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er »

Not syre how that Carrier aggregation link works but it's facts are wrong and it has no AT Commands for the modems. It states a Quectel EM12-G can only do 150 mbp/s. It can do 600 mbp/s.

That article link that was posted is cryptic, right? But it shows Verizon doesn't care about it's customers, and that Visible was created to disrupt thier competitors.

I did find a temporary upload fix, needs to be done daily it seems.
Reboot (not reset, careful) your router. Go to modem, miscellaneous.
For AT commands enter:
AT+CFUN=1,1

This Reboots the actual Modem Module, clearing any Command and memory fragments. When you Reboot a router the modem doesn't reboot, just restarts. It's Cache doesn't clear unless you reboot it.
My uploads went to 4 mbp/s after. So I am at around 10 mbp/s downloads, 4 mbp/s uploads. They were less than .5 mbp/s most of the time.
I have had to do this everyday for the last 3 days, but seems to work.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

You can set up these reboots to automatically done everyday with quectel modems.

Also have noticed it helps Visible service to keep it a "Fresh" connection. So have been setting up auto reboots. This will only work with Quectel modems. Sierra Wireless require full power cycle to reconnect.
Look under "Services / Scheduled Reboot". Make sure your time is correctly set, enable and choose a time for reboot.
Pick a time to reboot when no one is using it like every day at 4:30am for example.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

Just to add to the 'reboot' topic a little. For the most part a router reboot will indeed reboot the modem. The only case this may not happen is if you are using one of the external usb3 adapter/enclosures that have an additional external power supply. That said, those usb3 adapters have been redesigned recently to where they now allow a modem device reset/reboot when the router reboots. Also, AT+CFUN=1,1 usually does the trick on most also as far as I'm aware on both Quectel and Sierra.

I thought the cacombos.com link was pretty helpful really. You can narrow down certain CA combinations and see exactly what combinations are possible that include certain bands from your tower. Did a quick search for 'EM12' and seen the common EM12G pop up which shows 600 down. Never heard of a EM12 H?
Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er »

It is a "G", not sure how it became "H". Thanks for catching that, I edited it.
cobravenom39

Post by cobravenom39 »

Any updates on this? I'm getting sick of hard restarting everyday and auto rebooting overnight.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Have you looked at what band you are on when you have no upload speed?
brcisna
Been thanked: 0

Post by brcisna »

Tuna8er

We switched to Visible 4 months ago. (First LTE internet setup here,,after having had ethernet umpteen years)
Was getting quite a range upload & download. Very common download was 45mBps and upload 30mBps.
Have had the ole TTL setting set at 64. Haven't changed and just checked and am now at 5mBps down & up. As an aside,this did happen about a month ago,, Didnt do anything two days later was back to good down & up speeds. No reboots,,yada,,yada... Always wonder what happens here.
Anyone else Visible with the same scenario.
DDK65JAG

Post by DDK65JAG »

brcisna

I've experienced the same thing, just happens randomly. You can tell it's the ISP by watching a speed test. Seems
to last about a day, then rights itself with no action on my part. I usually ignore it (5mbps is still better than my
3mbps dsl), but if I recall, last time it happened I unplugged my POE cable to reset the router/modem (as a test)
and that brought my speeds back up.

DDk
cobravenom39

Post by cobravenom39 »

gscheb wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:53 pm Have you looked at what band you are on when you have no upload speed?
I've tried 11,12,13,4

All don't have upload.
cobravenom39

Post by cobravenom39 »

I guess I should add a little information. I also travel full-time, so I'm constantly moving. There is one constant: If I reset the modem, I have ripping upload and download speeds for 10 minutes or so. Then uploads revert to 5mbps and nothing registers on the upload.

It looks like I have 100% signal and I'm using an external antenna. I also have Blink Cameras and a wifi dashcam (Blackvue).

I noticed that when connected to my WE826 with EM12, the Blink and Dashcam won't show me clips. If I connect to my phone hotspot, everything works fine. Also, when I'm connected to the router I cannot access a few weird websites. One of them is:

https://www.ig.com/en/indices/markets-i ... all-street

There HAS to be other people experiencing the same issue with Visible. I have a slave phone that I could tether to the hotspot, but then I lose the antenna. The van is a faraday cage, so having it helps immensely.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

If you are getting locked to 5 up and down, you are getting picked up as hotspot data. That is the terms of the phone plan 5 up and down.

Return to “General and Unclassified”