Netgear M1 Nighthawk using hotspot data

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
Livvydoodlez
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Netgear M1 Nighthawk using hotspot data

Post by Livvydoodlez »

Hello, I have a repaired M1 nighthawk unlocked router that I’m using for internet. I found out that the router will automatically use hotspot data on my plan if it’s connected to any device via WiFi or Ethernet.

What I wish to do, is use the cellular data (not hotspot), that can plug into a router, to provide internet to the rest of my devices.

The only way I’m achieving that right now currently, is by tethering it to my pc (the which does in fact use the cellular data), and then bridging my VPN network to my Ethernet port, and then feeding that to the router, essentially turning my pc into a router to provide internet to the rest of my devices.

Is there a way I can stop the M1 router from using hot spot data while trying to share the connection to multiple devices? I rather not be forced to use the VPN as a connection, as I noticed that using the VPN blocks me from using basic google functions, such as signing in to a website with a google account, or swapping emails, and if u turn off the VPN to use those features, the rest of the devices lose internet.
Didneywhorl

Re: Netgear M1 Nighthawk using hotspot data

Post by Didneywhorl »

Which service are you using with it?

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”