NEXR5GO with dual EM12-G modems - hardware conflict?

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
polaris
Has thanked: 0

NEXR5GO with dual EM12-G modems - hardware conflict?

Post by polaris »

I have a NEXR5GO running (GoldenOrb_2021-09-29 with Load Balancing) with a Quectel EM12-G installed with an AT&T tablet plan SIM. This set up works correctly.

I have another EM12-G in a USB enclosure connected to a GL MT1300 (also Golden Orb) with a T-Mobile (Calyx) SIM. This also works.

I wanted to try adding the external modem to the NEXR5GO so I could manage both modems from one device, but when I plug in the external modem to the USB port, things get strange. The web console does not show either modem correctly, and in fact, both appear to be connected to /dev/ttyUSB2.

Modem 1

Modem 2

Although it says "Modem 1" and "Modem 2" they both show modem 1.

All the info in Debug shows the modems on ttyUSB2.

But when I looks at lsusb in a ssh session, it think they are on different USB ports (not completely sure, though).

Looking at Interfaces, both modems seems to be connected

I can't tell what's going on when I have two modems attached to the NEXR5GO - but it doesn't look right.
Or, if this is how it is, it's not useful because I can't manage the modems.

I apologize if this post seems disorganized. I've been fighting this issue for several days. And frankly, it's not the end of the world if I can't resolve it because I can accomplish most of what I want by using the external modem with the MT1300 and using ethernet out to the NEXR5 for load balancing. But I don't think my NEXR5 is working correctly.

Do I have a hardware conflict or some other issue?
56387f

Re: NEXR5GO with dual EM12-G modems - hardware conflict?

Post by 56387f »

Hello,

I dont know if it still matters but both interfaces use devices with the same MAC address - I believe this is wrong since MAC addresses for all devices must be unique.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”