Upgraded to NEXQ6GO and can't connect.

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
josh0011
Has thanked: 0

Upgraded to NEXQ6GO and can't connect.

Post by josh0011 »

So I've been on a Sprint LTE connection for a few years. Originally using a ZTE Hotspot, then moved to a PC running Rooter GoldenOrb with a USB adapter containing an EM7455 connected to a couple log periodic antennas. This setup worked pretty well, but I decided to switch to the NEXQ6GO router. I configured it the same as the Rooter PC setup, but it never connects to the LTE service. It detected the sim/modem because the information is populated. In the debug command window, the last command is
/dev/ttyUSB2 AT+CPMS="SM"
+CPMS: 0,0,0,0,0,0
OK

Does anyone know what the problem may be?
josh0011
Has thanked: 0

Re: Upgraded to NEXQ6GO and can't connect.

Post by josh0011 »

Just wanted to update this post. For some reason when I put the sim back into the original ZTE hotspot, I would instantly get a connection and could reinstall it into the NEXQ router and it would also get a connection. But, if I lost connection for any reason I would have to drop the sim back into the old hotspot again to "jump start" it.
Anyway, after about 24 hours of connectivity, it seems to be working perfectly fine now. I can reboot the NEXQ router and the modem will reconnect within about a minute. The problem seems to have just resolved itself.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”