Visible Won't Connect

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
Jon_T

Visible Won't Connect

Post by Jon_T »

Hello All,
I have run into an interesting issue I am hoping someone can help me solve with my Visible setup.

I have been running a WG3526 + EM12 for almost a year without any issues. We travel full time so we are all over the place and have had pretty good success assuming Verizon isn't too congested in the area.

At our last campsite, Visible stopped working and it wouldn't connect to the service. Under provider, it just says "connecting". We are currently in FL for the winter where towers are often congested so I just assumed it was the area we were in. This week, we are in a new area where the towers seem fine for Verizon, but still having the same issue.

I popped the sim back into a phone and it seems to work just fine. I tried resetting the router and the modem and setting it back up. That's when I discovered, if I leave the APN name blank under the connection profile, it will connect and the provider will say "Visible" and all the normal boxes fill themselves in, but as soon as I try and put the APN name back in, it refuses to connect. It won't work with the blank APN name, and at this point, I am not sure what else to try.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
gscheb

Re: Visible Won't Connect

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Hadn't used visible in awhile. But thought would ask if you used these commands shown below.

- Stop Auto select config on sim detetion Command = AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0

- Disable MBN config Command = AT+QMBNCFG="Deactivate"

They are included in this set up here.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... 630#p18630
Jon_T

Post by Jon_T »

gscheb wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:27 pm Hello,
Hadn't used visible in awhile. But thought would ask if you used these commands shown below.

- Stop Auto select config on sim detetion Command = AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0

- Disable MBN config Command = AT+QMBNCFG="Deactivate"

They are included in this set up here.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... 630#p18630
These are actually the instructions I used when setting the router back up.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

So you have another device to try it in?
Haven't heard of issues currently. Believe my uncle's is still going.
Jon_T

Post by Jon_T »

gscheb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:12 am So you have another device to try it in?
Haven't heard of issues currently. Believe my uncle's is still going.
Yes, seems to work fine when I put it in a phone.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Jon_T wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:40 pm Yes, seems to work fine when I put it in a phone.
What I mean do you have another LTE modem device? To see if something is wrong with your device.
Jon_T

Post by Jon_T »

I was able to put the Visible sim card in my Nighthawk and it is working there. I hope that does not mean there is something wrong with my EM12!

It's odd that with the EM12, it will connect without any APN entered into the profile, but as soon as one is entered, it just gets stuck on connecting.

I have a Verizon sim I can try putting into the router. Besides that, any other troubleshooting steps I can try?
cameroooo
Has thanked: 0

Post by cameroooo »

I ran into a similar issue with visible on my EM-160R starting back in september. Lots of trouble getting it to connect and very slow speeds when it actually would. I experienced the APN symptoms you described as well.

Wish I could say I figured it out but I have basically given up on visible. Went from high speeds and easy connection to lots of restarts in order to connect and very slow speeds regardless of TTL settings. Seems something has changed with them.
Jon_T

Post by Jon_T »

cameroooo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:34 pm I ran into a similar issue with visible on my EM-160R starting back in september. Lots of trouble getting it to connect and very slow speeds when it actually would. I experienced the APN symptoms you described as well.

Wish I could say I figured it out but I have basically given up on visible. Went from high speeds and easy connection to lots of restarts in order to connect and very slow speeds regardless of TTL settings. Seems something has changed with them.

Reading your post was like a short roller coaster! I am also just about done with Visible. It’s unusable in a lot of areas due to congestion. There is a 100GB Verizon plan I may go with but I know that’s not going to be enough data for the family.
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

I also got tired of Visible. Great numbers in the morning and 5 or less down the rest of the day. I think it is very location dependent but if anyone can help, it is these guys. Smart folks on this forum.
Having much better luck with AT&T and T-Mobile

Return to “Internet Service Providers”