T-MOBILE BYOD w/ EM7455

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
phspman

T-MOBILE BYOD w/ EM7455

Post by phspman »

Has anyone tried to start a Magenta unlimited phone plan by providing a Sierra EM7455 IEMI to get a SIM?
I input my IEMI on BYOD and they accept it.

Is there some special activation process with the SIM that has to be on a phone or can it be done on the card?

I've got an old unlimited business Sprint plan that's going to be discontinued this summer, sounds like they're forcing people to limited plans when they switch sims. Trying to continue the unlimited route without being out of luck on finding a new plan, paying astronomical prices, or going the Calyx route. Can't go fixed 5G Home Internet because my house moves.
Didneywhorl

Re: T-MOBILE BYOD w/ EM7455

Post by Didneywhorl »

I just stuck a magenta max tablet Sim in a router. Worked fine. Phone SIMs need identity changes to work I believe.

Your home is mobile, but they don't seem to care right now.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Fyi,

Reliable 5G home internet now just $50 a month.
https://www.t-mobile.com/isp?cmpid=HEIS ... lsrc=aw.ds

I just got back from a road trip and had the TM trash can in back of the Min-Van.
Family had WiFi ALL the way.

The unit does have a GPS but for the moment TM is not locking it to a location 😎

For power see
https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/power ... ctor-plug/
phspman

Post by phspman »

Thanks for the responses. Talked to Sprint Business over the phone and just asked for a new SIM that works on T-Mobile. The lady never questioned my old hotspot under the account that's incompatible nor asked for my EM7455 IMEI. They're sending a new sim and it looks like I can keep paying what I've been paying.

My background is I live on a boat half the year within cell range. Talked to some others on other boats and some are using the 5G Home Internet on a moving boat. Good to know!

Hopefully my activation, switching APNs, and reprogramming bands will be successful.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”