MOFI-PagePlus Decreased Mbps

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
jandjyoung@gmail.com
Has thanked: 0

MOFI-PagePlus Decreased Mbps

Post by jandjyoung@gmail.com »

I have a MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-v2 with $55 Page Plus plan and external antennae. For the last 14 months I have been exceedingly happy with the system. Normally I would get a download speed of 30-40 Mbps consistently and a similar upload speed. About 10 days ago, I started getting 6-8 download and have not seen anything close to the previous 30-40. I have tried changing bands with no improvement. The signal strength (89 RSRP) has not changed during the last year. I tried turning the power off to the router with no effect. Have run Norton to check for viruses and malware with none detected. The current speed does not change in non-prime usage times (was the same last night at midnight).
I am at a loss as to what to check next, any thoughts and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Didneywhorl

Re: MOFI-PagePlus Decreased Mbps

Post by Didneywhorl »

You may have had tower changes, or a sudden bump in other users in your area. That or the SIMs priority was changed on you?

Super hard to tell sometimes. Especially when seemingly nothing changed.
jandjyoung@gmail.com
Has thanked: 0

Post by jandjyoung@gmail.com »

Thanks for your quick reply. There has been no tower change since I have done band scans and same tower as previous. Just loaded latest firmware and no change except now up and down load speeds are about the same (6-8 Mbps). Beginning to think there might have been a SIMs priority change. How would I find out about that?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

jandjyoung@gmail.com wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:50 pm Thanks for your quick reply. There has been no tower change since I have done band scans and same tower as previous. Just loaded latest firmware and no change except now up and down load speeds are about the same (6-8 Mbps). Beginning to think there might have been a SIMs priority change. How would I find out about that?
I honestly don't know, other than getting another SIM from someone to test against. It is very possible you got lowered on the QCI scale.

https://coveragecritic.com/mobile-phone ... explained/

Return to “MoFi Routers”