NEXP1GO/EM160 No Connection, trying to contact LTEFIX

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
cryptoknives99
Has thanked: 0

NEXP1GO/EM160 No Connection, trying to contact The Wireless Haven

Post by cryptoknives99 »

Hello,

Here is my dilemma…
I’ve had 5 router/modem systems purchased through The Wireless Haven for myself and family. All have been NEXP1GO(WG3526-P)/EM160s. The first 4 I’ve set up with little to no issue. The 5th arrived yesterday. I hooked up all the components, inserted the SIM, powered it on…no connection to Verizon. Then I started troubleshooting. Using one of the known good systems sitting on the same table I swapped components around and I could never get the new EM160 to work in any NEXP1GO. The known good EM160 from my other systems worked just fine in the new NEXP1GO. Below are the only AT commands that were executed, I will also attach a copy of the syslog.
These are the only AT commands that I executed:

AT+QPRTPARA=1
AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0
AT+QNWPREFCFG="ue_usage_setting",1
AT+QNWPREFCFG="mode_pref",Auto
AT+EGMR=1,7,"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" (yes I inserted the correct IMEI)
AT+CFUN=1,1

I’m almost positive the EM160 that came as part of the Category 16 Hotspot Router Bundle is defective. Also, two of the antennas in the bundle have issues. One is missing threads and wont screw on, the other rattles and sounds broken. I also used known good antennas to eliminate that as a possible issue. I’ve tried reaching out to The Wireless Haven for technical support or guidance on how to return the defective modem/antennas as they are part of a bundle. No one has reached out to me yet.

If you work for The Wireless Haven please get in touch with me so I can resolve this issue.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cryptoknives99
Has thanked: 0

Re: NEXP1GO/EM160 No Connection, trying to contact The Wireless Haven

Post by cryptoknives99 »

The Wireless Haven contacted me and helped resolve the issue. Great support from those folks. The solution ended up requiring me to execute= the AT+QMBNCFG="Deactivate" command. Not exactly sure why the first 4 systems I built didn't need it though.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Awesome! Sorry, I just saw this post. I try to scan em all. :)

Glad you got it.

Interesting name btw. :)
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

I can say without a doubt--that The Wireless Haven store are the best! They stand behind there product!

Return to “WiFiX Routers”