Dead em7565 and MC7455

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jjhdtv
Has thanked: 0

Dead em7565 and MC7455

Post by jjhdtv »

Having a string of bad luck lately that I hope to better understand, prevent, or fix.

In the past month I have had a EM7565 and a MC7455 go completed dead. That is the modem stopped working however the hardware remained working (two different units - the em7565 external enclosure connected to a Raspberry Pi4 running openwrt and the MC7455 in a wg3526 running Rooter)

The modems are completed unresponsive. I have tried reflashing firmware with Windows. This has been done before when I first set up the modem cards, so I know all of the windows drivers and firmware is correct (well at least I know it was successful previously with the same windows machine). The results of the attempted flash is below.

Both of these units did get moisture. Not enough to kill the raspberry or the wg3536, but possibly enough moisture to kill the modem cards. Are these modem cards extremely sensitive to moisture (water)? Also, these units were being powered by a solar system that powered itself off from low battery voltage. Again, if there was a low voltage problem, it did not effect the raspberry or Wg3536 as they powered back on once the sun came out.

I know there could be a million things going on to cause both these cards to crap out, I will be replacing as I need to system up and running connected to www. Just hoping to prevent it from happening again. Disappointed because my netgear lb1121 ran two years in a similar waterproof enclosure setup.

Below is the results from attempting to reflash firmware. Windows machine does not find the modem.

FDT version: 1.0.1902.1
Awaiting adapter ...
Enabling selective suspend ...
Firmware download failed.
Primary error code: 14 - No MBN adapter available.
Secondary error code: 0 - Not applicable.
Device error code: 0x0 - Unknown device error code.

Preexisting images information:
Current:
Firmware:
ImageId:
BuildId:
Configuration:
ImageId:
BuildId:
Final images information:
Current:
Firmware:
ImageId: