second set of antennas for 4x4 mimo

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
backndawoods
Has thanked: 0

second set of antennas for 4x4 mimo

Post by backndawoods »

Hey yall, I currently have a pair of wideband directional mimos set up on my mofi 4500. Im expecting my mofi 5500 em7690 in any day now, and since it has 4x4 mimo I figure I might as well plan on setting up another set of mimo antennas.

My mimo directionals are set up on a single pole 1 above the other, 3 feet apart and tilted at 45 degrees from each other. Could I add 2 more directionals to the pole and be able to have 4x4 mimo? I worry that too much right there together would cause interference with each other. Or, could I run a 2x2 flat panel along with the directionals and not have a range /reception problem? I had thought of adding a pair of Omnidirectionals but I dont think that would help much with range and possible interference with the directionals.....

any suggestions?
Didneywhorl

Re: second set of antennas for 4x4 mimo

Post by Didneywhorl »

Skip the omnis. The flat 2x2 would work best, but another two of the same antennas would create a full matching pair. You can polarize the antennas, tilting 45 degrees from vertical (opposite each other) right next to each other. Then place the second pair a foot or three so away in the same configuration.
They don't all have to be spaced far apart to be functionally clean and strong signal.
backndawoods
Has thanked: 0

Re: second set of antennas for 4x4 mimo

Post by backndawoods »

Ty for your help Didney, I really appreciate it. Finally had time today to get up on the roof and get it all situated,. I wasnt able to put them exactly side by side on the pole but I have 1 slightly lower than its partner, one tilted 45 to the right and the other 45 to the left, with the second set the same way about 2 or 3 feet below. I think its working out pretty good.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”