AT&T SIM card stopped working with Quectel E25 Modem and GoldenOrb

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
customtheaterstore
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AT&T SIM card stopped working with Quectel E25 Modem and GoldenOrb

Post by customtheaterstore »

Hello,

I have a We826-T2 with a Quectel E25 Modem and I have the Firmware Version: GoldenOrb_2020-05-16. We have the AT&T Business Elite Unlimited Tablet Plan and everything was working great until about two weeks ago. Mine and my family member both have the same unit and we both are using the same AT&T plan and theirs also got knocked out as well. We use very little data since it is a weekend home so we know that it was not cut off by AT&T. I took the SIM card out of the router and put it into my tablet and it works great. I can put my AT&T SIM card from my cell phone into the We826-T2 Router and it works perfectly. I put the SIM card from the router into my cell phone then it does not work at all. It show on my cell phone that I have data but won't let me make any calls or access any data. So I know the SIM card is fine since it still works great in my iPad, it just won't work in the We826-T2. I have not made any changes at all so I am not sure what the problem could be.

Any help would be so apprecitated!!
Thank you!
Didneywhorl

Re: AT&T SIM card stopped working with Quectel E25 Modem and GoldenOrb

Post by Didneywhorl »

Run this command:

Code: Select all

AT+QNVFW="/nv/item_files/modem/mmode/ue_usage_setting",01
Use this command to make sure it set:

AT+QNVFR="/nv/item_files/modem/mmode/ue_usage_setting"
Then:

AT+QNVW=5280,0,"0102000000000000"
Check:

AT+QNVR=5280,0
Then:

AT+QNVFW="/nv/item_files/ims/IMS_enable",00
Check:

AT+QNVFR="/nv/item_files/ims/IMS_enable"
Then:

AT+QNVFW="/nv/item_files/modem/mmode/sms_only",01
Check:

AT+QNVFW="/nv/item_files/modem/mmode/sms_only"

Then reboot the modem:

AT+CFUN=1,1
Then wait for it to come back.

You may also need to start masking the modem as a "tablet" identity.

To check the current imei identity :

AT+EGMR=0,7
and the current serial number:

AT+EGMR=0,5
customtheaterstore
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by customtheaterstore »

Hello

Thank you so much for all your help! I am not sure if I am doing these steps correctly. I went into the "System" tab and then "Micellaneous". I then copied each line item into the spot that said AT-COMMAND: and then hit the SEND COMMAND button. I wasn't sure if this was the exact way to do this.

This is what it said when I typed in the code for the IMEI Identity -
AT+EGMR=0,7
+EGMR: "866834041546776

OK

This is what it said when I typed in the code for the Serial Number -
AT+EGMR=0,5
+EGMR: "MPA20DG200052451P"

OK

I am not real sure what any of those numbers mean. I apologize for being such a newbie at this. I tried every command and rebooted the unit but still could not get anything to work. I am not sure how to change the IMEI to a tablet or hotspot to make it work. I know the SIM cards are good since they work great in my iPad.

Again I really appreciate all your help!!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Those commands worked, it returned what your current modem IMEI (0,7) and Serial number are(0,5). Changing the numbers cannot be spoken of here on this forum, as its hosted in the US and the US FCC frowns on those changes. BUT you have most of the information you need with those commands. A little web searching will get you what you ask for. The day it becomes clear that you can fully legally, in the US, do with your devices you paid for, is the day I'll be posting how all of it is done. Until then, google is the friend.

Return to “Quectel Modems”