Add a second internal router behind my NEXQ6GO-U

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
nqnzyou
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Add a second internal router behind my NEXQ6GO-U

Post by nqnzyou »

I just set up my router and I'd like to still be able to use my net gear nighthawk for Lan routing a few other things. I've tried connecting the router in ap mode and a few other things but no luck. I even tried port forwarding all the ports on the lte router to the internal one and turned off dhcp on the lte router. Should I specifically be using, or not be using, the Lan ports or Wan port?

Any guidance on this would be useful. Seems rooter isn't the most friendly when adding other aps.
Didneywhorl

Re: Add a second internal router behind my NEXQ6GO-U

Post by Didneywhorl »

The nighthawk is using the NEXQ6GO as its internet source?
nqnzyou
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nqnzyou »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:03 pm The nighthawk is using the NEXQ6GO as its internet source?
I'd like it to, but the nighthawk doesn't seem to connect. likely an issue with each device having a dhcp server but even when I turn one off (doesn't matter which) the other device doesn't seem to hand out an ip.
This seems to only be an issue between the two routers. when I have dhcp on either, my other devices get ip addresses as expected.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Here is a tutorial using a TP-Link router with a WiFiX. Maybe it will help understand setting the WiFiX firmware in DMZ.
WiFiX DMZ Tutorial with TP-Link Router.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

You shouldn't have to change any settings on either router. Set everything back to the way it was and all that should be needed is a regular cable from a "LAN" port of the internet router to the "WAN" port of the Netgear router. This creates double NAT situation but it shouldn't matter much for most. If you need a setup that is reachable from the outside (via internet back to home) then thats a whole different ballgame.

Both should be running dhcp. The internet router will hand out an address to the netgear router and the netgear router will hand out addresses to everything else on your home network. The only client that the internet router would have is the netgear router.
derekjsmith

Post by derekjsmith »

I've got 4 LTE routers/modems connect to a TP-Link quad link router, it has 4 WAN ports. So basically from your LTE router a cable from LAN to the fixed router WAN. You will need to setup your fixed router to be a access point or a router/switch.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”